We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

Hi all,

I'm choosing from a somewhat limited range of apartment options as I'm working with a rental company for an upcoming trip to Bogotá, and of course the apartment my Colombian friend suggested is booked for my dates! Can any current locals give me an idea of which of these is the best place to stay for a 2.5 day trip, keeping in mind that we'll want to see the main tourist sites like Museo de Oro, Plaza Bolivar, Monserrate, possibly the Salt Cathedral? Thanks!

- Carrera 5 with Calle 55

- Calle 44 between Avda Caracas and Carrera 15

- Usaquén, Carrera 9 with Calle 151: this I realize is out of the way, but I'm not sure how long it would take to get down to Centro and/or whether it's worth staying in Usaquén to see that area of town

Other travel tips for 2.5 days in Bogota very welcomed as well.

Catedral de Fontibon
Churches & Cathedrals
Iglesia Santa Beatriz
Sacred & Religious Sites, Missions, Churches & Cathedrals
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

My nod would go for the area of - Crr5 - Cll55.. enough interesting architecture,bars,and restaurants to keep you happy.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

Thanks!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

De nada!

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

Back with another question on the same topic! Unfortunately the owner of the apt in the area suggested isn't answering. Is the Calle 44 between Avda Caracas and Carrera 15 area safe? It's ok if it's not the most exciting location, we're only there 2 nights and can take cabs to restaurants/bars, I just am not sure about the various neighborhoods. Thanks a lot.

Bogotá
Level Contributor
177 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

There is no "between Avda Caracas and Carrera 15" at Calle 44

At Calle 44 Avda Caracas and Carrera 15 are one and the same thing.

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

Good to know, thanks. I'm guessing English isn't the apt owner's first language, so maybe that explains it. And what's that neighborhood like?

Bogotá
Level Contributor
177 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

It's not a bad area, are you on airbnb or something?

Better to be to the East of Caracas than the West although to the West is only Teusaquillo which is not at all too shabby.

A very studenty area, close to Javeriana and Distrital so lots of kids roving around and plenty of cheap bars in la cra 13.

Calle 45 is a major avenida as far as Cra 13, walk up the hill to restaurants and more student bars, or on the corner with Cra 13 Calle 45 you have some nice bars too such as Terraza. I live on Calle 49 so what... 5 blocks North.

La Carulla supermarket on calle 47, snack places on Cra 13

8. Re: Where to stay for 2.5 day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 10, 2013