We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
89 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

We will be in Bogota the week after next and wanted to get out of the big city and into nature. We're thinking of going on day trip to Chingaza National Park with Makuna tours.

Has anyone been to Chingaza? What's it like?

Been on a tour with Makuna?

http://makunaecotravel.com

Thanks for any info

M

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

Hi Guys,a shout out from Bogota..my nephew is an avid treker & has logged many ks on various trips around Colombia.He´s not much of a tour guy,he may be able to offer up some usefull info.

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
89 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

Hey

Happy 2012. Hope you have a great time in Bogota. Yeah, if your nephew can provide any ideas about Chingaza, that would be cool.

Safe travels.

M

Bogota, Colombia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

If you are going with a tour, just relax! There are two areas of the park you can visit, Piedras Gordas and Siecha. Probably you'll be heading out to Siecha, where a small trek will take you up to the lakes (to get there wou'll have probably 1:30-2:00 hours of transport). The climate is usually rainy, as is most of the time in the: "paramo". Take a rain jacket.

I haven't heard about the tour company you mention, but it sound a little pricy. I usually don't take tours, cause I like to travel by myself, but when I do pay for trips near Bogotá, I usually go with this guys: http://www.caminantesdelretorno.com/eng/

They don't include lunch and the Park entry, but anyway it'll be cheaper when you include all that.

Have a good trip in Colombia, and don't hesitate to contact us if you need any advice.

Cheers!

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
89 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

Thanks for the info. The tour company you recommended looks good and very reasonable. It looks like they are doing a trip to Chingaza tomorrow, January 15. Unfortunately we're not in Bogota yet to take advantage of it.

Anyway, thanks so much.

M

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

M,hope the tour goes well.We thought it would be good to have a 2nd choice.

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
89 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

For sure. I really appreciate it. I'll check out the caminantes site some more and see if there is something that fits with our schedule.

Hope you are enjoying your time in Colombia.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

Colombia has been spectacular,we have done 4 trips ranging 3 -10 days.We returned last night from a weekend in Paipa.We stayed in Colsubsidio´s Colonial Hotel,enjoying the Hot springs & Spa.

It´s really helpfull to have avid an Colombian treker to help with the hiking ?.Camilo is wealth of information,he is a major contributor to a major treking site.

www.everytrail.com camilo p (username). If there´s anything else I can do to help you get the best out of your trip to Colombia,feel free to ask.

Enjoy Colombia!

K

8. Re: Bogata daytrip to Chingaza National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, February 10, 2013