We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

My friends and I plan on buying liquor at duty free in New York before our flight to Bogota, and then would like to take them on to Cartagena with us in carry ons. Is that ok, or do we have to pack them in our luggage?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

Good one boys sticking to the party theme i see if the US won't let you take liquor in your carry on i doubt the Colombians will either! By the way the Airopuerto has just installed a new screening device so i hope you all take a change of underwear.

New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

??

I'm not sure what that meant. I asked a simple question, but I guess you don't know the answer to the question. Regardless, thanks for replying.

Stone Town, Tanzania
Level Contributor
247 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

i arrived from Madrid airport where i bought one bottle of Bacardi in Duty free shop and didn't have any problems on colombian customs.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

Colombian airlines follow that same stupid liquid carry-on rules that airlines in North America do, so no, you won't be able to carry-on your liquids onto the internal flight.

Cheers,

Terry

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

No,you can't. You must put all bottles and toiletries in your checked luggage.

Abrazos and enjoy Colombia

Marcela

http://colombia-travel-marcela.blogspot.com/

New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

My thanks to everyone for their help!

Bogota
Level Contributor
91 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

what liquor? most is available here. what specifically are you planning to bring?

8. Re: Can you carry bottles of liquor in your carry on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 19, 2012