We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogota to Zipaquira to Villa de Leyva?

Fargo, ND
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bogota to Zipaquira to Villa de Leyva?

From Bogota I'm wanting to go via bus up to Zipaquira then on to Villa de Leyva. Is there a bus from Zipaquira to Villa de Leyva or would I have to back track all the way to Bogota?

Thanks!!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bogota to Zipaquira to Villa de Leyva?

Mount j101:

I would say no u don't need to return to Bog. from Zipa u will take a bus to Tunja then on to Villa de Leyva not sure which bus line u take from zipa , most buses from Bog. route thru tunja then on to Villa de ley maybe someone will post a link for bus route u could try expesso Bolivariano.

hope this is some help.

have a good trip.

...Playa

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bogota to Zipaquira to Villa de Leyva?

You don´t need to back track to Bogotá. There will be options to go directly from Zipaquirá to Villa de Leyva.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bogota to Zipaquira to Villa de Leyva?

When I was in Villa last Easter, there were only 2 or 3 direct buses to Bogota. It will hardly be worth hanging around in Zipa waiting for one of these: just hop on the first Tunja-bound bus and change there. From Tunja, the service to Villa is frequent.

Stone Town, Tanzania
Level Contributor
243 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bogota to Zipaquira to Villa de Leyva?

There are buses to Villa de Leyva, but only few a day. I remember some travellers were leaving directly from Zipaquira.

http://bit.ly/wbrjSR

5. Re: Bogota to Zipaquira to Villa de Leyva?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, February 08, 2013