We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

colombia, 5 weeks

Leeds, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
colombia, 5 weeks

HI everyone!

A friend and I are going to be travelling around Colombia for roughly 5 weeks from the start of August until the 9th of September, we have some basic ideas about what to see - Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena etc, but I was wondering what people's must sees are, and also if there is anything you would avoid. I have heard the flower festival is worth seeing, and my friend and I would love to do some diving or beach activities on the coast. We are also interested in the coffee plantations, and possibly the Amazon basin also. Any possible routes are much appreciated (we fly into and out of Bogota) and generally any suggestions! the trip is hopefully going to be a good mix of cultural sight seeing, relaxing, a few nights out and some activity based excursions! once again any advice is most welcome.

Thank you!

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,865 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: colombia, 5 weeks

You can at times get cheap seats for VivaColombia the day before or same day, they can be a good choice between major cities, but be aware they tend to cancel flights , they dont have many planes , i think 5 or 6 so if one has a problem - no backups.

Buses are not bad between cities, they are fairly comfortable, however there can be delays due to road conditions and traffic, sometimes an 8 hour trip can turn into 12 , esoecially during he rainy months.

Flower Festival in Medellin, yes very worthwhile but lots of people, beware of picpockets, it atttracts them from all over the country, the cabalgatta is the horse parade, thousands of horses but after 2 hours of watching it one horse starts to look like every other horse. Also lining the parade route are tents that people rent and erect to ave the best seats and to have somewhere to keep the guaro and beer. If you dont have a buddy with a tent you will most likely be standing to watch the parade,

Edited: 8:30 am, July 07, 2013
12. Re: colombia, 5 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, July 08, 2013
13. Re: colombia, 5 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 10, 2014