We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Barranquilla airport to Santa Marta?

Mui
San Francisco
1 post
Save Topic
Travel from Barranquilla airport to Santa Marta?

My husband and I are flying from MIA to BAQ in two weeks, but our hotel is in Santa Marta. What is the best way to get from the BAQ airport to Santa Marta? We will arrive around 5:30 pm.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Barranquilla airport to Santa Marta?

hi!

You can hire a taxi. The distance to go is 94 km by a very good and safe road and it can take around 1 1/2 hours. It would a lot better if the hotel you are going to stay in could make the arrangements; usually the trip costs around USD 50

Other alternative is going to bus. A luxury bus could take you there by USD 20 to 25, but I recommend the taxi.

I am always available for answer questions regarding my country at skype (jorge_payan). I am not a travel agent or alike, just another traveller.

Regards

Jorge Payan

Coral Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Barranquilla airport to Santa Marta?

Where in Santa Marta?? I was all over the coast earlier this month -- 120,000 pesos (53 USD) for a cab ride from the Zuana Beach resort to the airport in Baraqillia. I had a excellent time in Colombia - it was my best vacation by far. We were at Irotoma (excellent), Zuana and Decameron. We spent a good amount of time in El Rodedero and looked at condos for sale and I am seriously considering buying a condo there. 78K USD for a 3 bedroom, 3 bath plus maids room on the 16th floor right on the ocean. Marble/Tile floors, crown molding, solid wood doors - and furnished. I am starting up a business venture and will only need access to high speed internet for my job..

Ask any questions - my direct email is larry@rn.org --

Larry