We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding to Muela del Diablo

ULTRANERDX
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback Riding to Muela del Diablo

Hi! My husband and I are interested in going on a horseback ride to Muela del Diablo. I've found two different companies so far: Kanoo Tours ($66 USD for 4 hours) and Inca World (price TBD, 2.5 hour ride). Anyone have experience with either of these tour companies? I'd love to hear more about it.

I also welcome any and all tips regarding La Paz hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
19 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding to Muela del Diablo

Depends on what your budget is. I stayed at Hotel DM Andino which is in Mecapaca about 30 minutes from the Muela. There are also several reviews of La Paz hotels on here. We had a room booked at LP Columbus Hotel but they cancelled our reservation on us at the last minute. Zona Sur has several hotels and many recommend Casa Grande, I live in La Paz so I don't know a ton about La Paz hotels but I can let you know about areas.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding to Muela del Diablo

I'm also interested in the horseback tours... Have you done it yet or found any further info? Cheers :)

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding to Muela del Diablo

Hi I did the Kanoo 4hr horse ride last week. The horses were in very good condition and the guide lovely. The ride itself I found would be great for a beginner as much of the track is too steep and rocky for the horses to do much more than walk, though there are of course a few oppertunities to run. The scenery is stunning and the veiws accross La Paz take your breath away make sure you take the camera. BUT when I went the return path had been washed away by landslide (rainy season) soo the path back is the same path there making the trip 3 hours not four a fact that is not advertised and the price of course is the same. Although I enjoyed the ride its not something to write home about, if you are travelling through the country areas of Bolivia, I hear there are some wonderfull rides to do but of course that takes more research.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback Riding to Muela del Diablo

Thanks for the info. :) Hopefully the track will be better by April when I hope to go.

5. Re: Horseback Riding to Muela del Diablo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 01, 2014