We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andean Explorer

Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Andean Explorer

I am taking the Andean Explorer Train from Cuzo to Puno.

I thought I read somewhere that travelling in one direction is better than another! (odd!)

We are wondering also what the trip in a 4 wheel acrss Salar and the Multicours desert to the red and green lagoons in Bolivia...They appear to be the salt pans etc. I know nothing about this area....we are middle aged so was wondering if the three days

Another thing...How many days do we need in La Paz

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,715 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andean Explorer

Hi,

Probably worth asking about the train in the Peru forum.

What are you wondering about regarding the salar/salt pans? It's breathtaking scenery. Unique experience (not like your Ozzie salt flats - you don't have llamas, or hotels built of salt!).

Personally, I wasn't too excited about La Paz, but you can't avoid it. Take a day trip to Tiwanaku if you want to be impressed by a lost civilisation. Could show the Incas a thing or two about masonry....

Be careful of the altitude. You WILL be affected at that height.

Sydney
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andean Explorer

Thank you so much as you have answered my questions and I will now look forward to the salt pans and the scenery.

3. Re: Andean Explorer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 11, 2014