We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not go with Madness Dangerous road tours

Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
La Paz
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Do not go with Madness Dangerous road tours

After searching the Internet on and off for about a year before coming to La Paz to do my Most Dangerous Road Tour, I found Madness to be the most recommended.

The plus side of Madness is that they have good bikes, are readily contactable, have convenient offices - but importantly seem to offer good guides, and services with a good safety record.

However, I write to inform of OTHER things you might want to look for in a trip.

For example after finding Madness to be recommended as stated above, Madness confirmed there would be a trip leaving for us the next day. Now I am mindful of commercial realities that may give a company the "right" to cancel a trip, however madness canceled at 8:00pm the night before the trip leaving us no options.

Please be sure to try other companies and get more certainty about whether your trip will be on or not. There needs to be a better way to avoid disappointment.

jersey
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not go with Madness Dangerous road tours

TBH you should avoid such tours cos they are dangerous and people do die from mountainbiking this road. The tour cancelling may heave been a blessing in disguise.

Edited: 1:38 am, January 06, 2013
La Paz, Bolivia
Level Contributor
19 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do not go with Madness Dangerous road tours

I have also heard very good things about Gravity. They are supposed to be really safe.

3. Re: Do not go with Madness Dangerous road tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 03, 2014