We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uyuni salt flat tour companions needed in Sep

Sydney, New South...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Uyuni salt flat tour companions needed in Sep

Hi guys,

Is anyone interested in forming a private salt flat tour departing from Uyuni, around 12th to 21th of September? I read a lot of reviews and it seems a private tour has many advantages over group ones, if you're able to form one that is.

I've already obtained few quotes so much research has already been done and if anybody need extra info let me know I'm happy to share.

I can be flexible between those dates and either private or basic level of suits me fine as I'm not too fussed.

Let me know if anyone's interested!

Thanks,

Denise

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uyuni salt flat tour companions needed in Sep

Hi Denise,

My boyfriend and I are looking into tours for that week as well and are interested in doing a private tour as it seems to be safer (I have been reading horror stories of road blocks and being caught in protests with stones being thrown at buses which I am not at all interested in being involved in, it sounds quite terrifying!). We'd like to do all the lagunas and Potosi, lake Titcaca, and several other places as well. Where all were you interested in going on your tour and what prices have you found?

Thanks,

Ellen

Sydney, New South...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uyuni salt flat tour companions needed in Sep

Hi Ellen,

My dates in Bolivia are now narrowed down to 12.09 to 20.09 as I've booked my trip in Peru which is where I'll be before heading to La Paz, so hopefully those dates still suits. Regardless it would be nice if we could partner up to keep each other company..

So far I only have replies from following company:

Kanoo tours and Bolivia travel site

Red planet expedition has great reviews so i prefer to travel with them however had not heard back from them yet.

For private tour I've been quoted around 700-800 Boliviano pp for group of no more than 4. Group tour is around 500 but a bigger group of 5 to 6. Both options runs the usual risks in Bolivian environment however the flexibility and smaller group size make private worthwhile in my opinion.. I'm still waiting on replies from few more so will wait and see...

My itinerary at the moment:

La Paz to uyunI - fly on 12th

3to 4 days salt plane and laguna trip

Uyuni to potosI - 17th by bus, hopefully private with others as well

PotosI 2 days

Sucre 2days

Back to La Paz

Then fly to Asuncion

What are your plans?

Regards,

Denise

Sydney, New South...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uyuni salt flat tour companions needed in Sep

Hi Ellen,

Just checked my email again found out the exact amount quoted to me by Tupiza tours (also seems to have ok review so far). For a private tour staying in basic hotels(also option to upgrade to salt hotel) the total cost is 5200 Boliviano money, depending on how many travellers cost is divided between them, eg 5200/3 for group of 3. It's a 3 day tour that begins and ends in Uyuni. Oh one more thing, they said if English guide is required this will be 170 per day for each group.

Denise

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uyuni salt flat tour companions needed in Sep

Hi Denise! I apologize for my delay in response!! I wasn't watching my email closely enough.

First things first: dates! We arrive the morning of the 14th and leave the 22nd. In order for you to maximize your trip at the beginning (and us ours at the end) we should both consider that!

The private tours in the 700 - 800 Boliviano are more in our price range to be honest. I have also emailed Red Planet and not heard back from them but am in contact with another Bolivian guide who is supposed to be sending me some prices soon as well. I will let you know when I hear from him (he has great reviews - I found his contact info here on Trip Advisor).

It does sound like we have similar itineraries, do you have any interest in seeing Lake Titicaca?

As for the English guide - my boyfriend is a native Spanish speaker and I speak Spanish quite well so we aren't planning on spending extra money on an English guide. How's your Spanish?

Ellen

5. Re: Uyuni salt flat tour companions needed in Sep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 27, 2014