We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy Season Bolivia Safety & Salt Flats

Chicago
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy Season Bolivia Safety & Salt Flats

Hi there,

I'm currently in Peru and thinking about traveling to Bolivia in the next few weeks (end of Dec.). I've read some mixed advice about traveling in Bolivia this time of year....

My plan would be to go from Lake Titicaca to La Paz then on to Sucre. Maybe the first few weeks of January in Sucre then to Potosi and then the Salt Flats (end of Jan.). After that to Argentina or Chile. Any thoughts on the safety of traveling in these areas of Bolivia during this time of year??

Would it be best/safest to fly - say between La Paz and Sucre? I've heard some horrible things about Bolivian buses...and that the rainy season only multiplies the risk factor?? Are the Salt Flats usually doable in Jan/ early Feb?? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I'll be traveling in SA until July. Would it be best to fly to Chile or Argentina and come back north to Bolivia sometime later next year? Salt Flats might be better, etc.?? Roads - La Paz to Sucre, Sucre to Potosi, etc. much better and safer then?

Thanks again!!!

1. Re: Rainy Season Bolivia Safety & Salt Flats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, December 18, 2013