We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow Fever shot

Spartanburg, South...
5 posts
Save Topic
Yellow Fever shot

Hello there my friends!!

Me and my wife are planning to visit Bolivia on December ! :)

Now I understand that I can probably avoid the yellow fever shot to enter Bolivia since is no longer required! We will visit La Paz and Tarija! Now my question is what about when coming back to the States from Bolivia? will they ask us for a yellow fever vaccine? Please help!!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,591 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow Fever shot

What does the CDC or the State Dept. say?

Spartanburg, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow Fever shot

Hey my friend thanks for replying!!! :)

The CDC says:

Recommendations: Recommended for all travelers ≥9 months of age traveling to the following areas <2,300 m in elevationd and east of the Andes Mountains: the entire departments of Beni, Pando, Santa Cruz, and designated areas (see Map 3-19) of Chuquisaca, Cochabamba, La Paz, and Tarija departments.

Not recommended for travelers whose itineraries are limited to areas >2,300 m in elevationd and all areas not listed above, including the cities of La Paz and Sucre.

According to this we should be fine ! Anyways I just hope that when coming back from Bolivia they don't ask us for a Yellow Fever vaccination! My wife never got a single vaccination in her life, so I am trying to avoid the powerful reaction of the shot on her!! I will cross my fingers!! :)

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow Fever shot

You wont need the yellow fever certificate to get back into the USA.

Spartanburg, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow Fever shot

Thank you my friend!!!I appreciate your help!!!!!! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow Fever shot

Hi, I'm traveling to La Paz and Uyuni in mid May and wold like to know if I'll be able to enter Bolivia without the yellow fever shot?

Vermont
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow Fever shot

I have the exact same question traveling may 2014. will you please let me know if you reviece an answer.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yellow Fever shot

If you are just going to La Paz and Uyuni, you don't need the yellow fever vaccination.

8. Re: Yellow Fever shot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014