We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puno - Copacabana - La Paz

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
186 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Puno - Copacabana - La Paz

I was quoted an itinerary by one travel agent to travel from Puno along Lake Titicaca to Copacabana. We board a catamaran to Sun Island. We then cruise to the Bolivia side of the lake and continue by bus to La Paz. Then I talked to another travel agent, and was told that there is no longer boat travel on the lake, and bus travel to La Paz is not safe. Does anyone have any up to date info?

Chevy Chase...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puno - Copacabana - La Paz

I prefer to take a cab from Puno to Copacabana when returning from Cusco. You can get one at the main bus station in Puno for less than $50 for the three hour ride. It's worth it... I don't trust the buses too much on that route... which is very nice by the way, following the lake for much of the trip. You'll cross the border a couple of miles before arriving in Copa. Once on the Bollvian side, hail a cab for the 10 minute ride into town. Make sure you get to the border before 6 or 7 pm, because they will close for the night. For info on the lake catamarans, those are operated by Crillon Tours (titicaca.com).

2. Re: Puno - Copacabana - La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 02, 2009