We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE hotel suggestions

ny
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
NYE hotel suggestions

Hello,

I am looking to come to PDE for NYE. We are 4 single girls in our early 30s so we are looking for a hotel recommendation where there will be a younger hip crowd. Or a suggestion on an area where we can rent a villa. Is one more preferred in PDE by locals? No real budget

Thanks!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,908 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE hotel suggestions

Hi,

Sorry I can't recommend one specific place in PDE for you but wanted to let you know that (a) you need to have an idea of a budget; and (b) you can't just rent for NYE. You'll have to rent for at least a week.

If that's okay with you, give an idea of budget so that PuntaLugano (the DE for PDE) can give you an idea of good places for you.

I think you should look into Jose Ignacio (in the area, but you'll need a car), or at least La Barra or Manantiales, rather than PDE. But I defer to PuntaLugano who knows the PDE area very well.

Silvia

ny
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE hotel suggestions

Thanks. For Budget I guess we can spend 700-800 a night.

I don't know much about PDE yet, only starting my research so was hoping for some general advise. What is the differece between the areas you mentioned and how far from PDE. We want to stay in an area close to bars/restaurants and where people will be going out. We are looking to come for 5 days, but can stay for a week if that is the minimum also.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE hotel suggestions

PDE is an area as well as a town. The area runs for 10 miles along the Rio de la Plata and another 30 miles along the Atlantic Ocean. The "town" of PDE is on the peninsula at the confluence of the river and the ocean.

The town of PDE is eclectic, with some very wealthy, many middle class families, some younger folks on budgets. The best hotel there is Conrad, which will have festivities for NYE. There will be massive fireworks displays all along the peninsula and the beaches near PDE, and perhaps from some boats off shore (some years there are one or more cruise ships in port for NYE). There are several bars and nightclubs around the port area, not far from Conrad.

Moving up the Atlantic Coast you come to three areas: La Barra, Manantiales, and Jose Ignacio. The hottest nightclub in the entire area is in La Barra, called Tequila. If you're in your early 30s you will be among the older in the crowd there. La Barra in general tends toward the very young, people there with their families but let loose at night. There are

There's a pretty fancy hotel just beyond La Barra called Mantra.

Manantiales has grown up recently, and now has bars and clubs. There's no fancy hotel there, yet.

Jose Ignacio is where the truly wealthy go to hide out and be seen by one another. The world's best beach-side restaurant, La Huella, is there. (No exaggeration, it's regularly rated the best in the world.) There are many very good boutique hotels, and three over-the-top ones in the Jose Ignacio area. The over-the-top are the Vik properties -- Estancia Vik (inland about 5 kilometers), Playa Vik, and Bahia Vik. They may be taken over by private jet set parties for NYE, but you could check. They are probably a little above your budget. The boutiques should be in line with your budget. There are no bars and clubs in Jose Ignacio' parties are in private homes, but if you hang out on the beach or at La Huella you can probably get invited somewhere.

There will be fireworks all along the beach from La Barra to Jose Ignacio.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NYE hotel suggestions

Hi all,

We are two guys spending 4 nights in punta del este around NYE. We are also in our early 30s and staying in La barra which according to the comment above doesn t look ideal to party with people our age.

Any restaurant , bar, club recommandation around NYE? do we need to pre book everything?>

Thanks

G

5. Re: NYE hotel suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 16, 2017