We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in punta del este

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in punta del este

I am looking for a luxury hotel where you can walk to the beach and town area. I am traveling with my mom who can't walk far distances. I looked at auberge but it doesn't seem to be near town. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barbara

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
606 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in punta del este

L auberge its really nice, you are 5 minutes ride to town, but if your mother mobility is reduce I think Conrad its the option left.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in punta del este

We will be in Buenos Aires in early March. We are thinking of spending a week, perhaps more on the beach. Is this a good location. How difficult will it be to find accommodation in mid March? I suspect that we will spend a few days in Montevideo prior to going to the beach. Our intention is to delay returning to the cold weather in Canada. Thanks for any suggestions

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,804 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in punta del este

It shouldn't be difficult to find a hotel in March. Most people vacation in January, some extend to February. March is back-to-school time.

Punta del Este and surrounding areas are quite beautiful. If you go to Montevideo first, rent a car, and drive all the way up the coast past Punta del Este to Coronilla. You'll probably want to have a car even if you decide to just go Punta del Este. Public transportation is not great off-season.

Silvia

Edited: 6:29 pm, November 01, 2013
new york
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in punta del este

I will be flying into Montevideo and am thinking about renting a car. We have decided to stay at the Conrad. Do you recommend renting a car or just using taxis once we are in Punta del Este?

bs as
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in punta del este

Hi! Taxis are quite expensive but drivers are always very polite and the cars are all new (ie at the Conrad taxi station they are all Mercedes Benz). I cant help you with car rentals. This summer we used the public buses to go from the peninsula till Conrad, the fingers, the shopping center, etc and I guess you can even go further (we didnt try). Bus ticket costs 23 URU. Cab from airport to the faro in the peninsula is around 900 URU.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,804 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in punta del este

@begee,

If you want to travel around Punta del Este, rent a car, but make sure you take "full coverage" as US credit cards may cover theft but they don't cover liability. That's a headache you don't want.

If you're planning on staying in Punta del Este only, then it's probably not worth your while to rent a car to leave it parked most of the day. You can always rent in Punta if you decide to go for a day outing further east.

Silvia

7. Re: Hotel in punta del este

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 24, 2015