We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

for sfpelky

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
608 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
for sfpelky

Sorry, but I dont understand when are you coming, next december for christmas holidays or "I 'm going to Punta in a week and Have decided to stay in La Barra if at all possible.."

The high season starts in december and now is the low low season so the diference in what you could find is really huge !!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: for sfpelky

Yeah sorry about that.. I'm something of a space cadet..

I'll be going to Punta Del Este from the 24Dec2006 to 30thDec2006..

not for some time.. about 7 months away!.. but oh how the time flies!

any hints on a great hotel in La Barra?.. La Posada Del Faro is looking like my number one choice right now.. but Serena looks nice on the net as well.. it's just a little out of the way..

I will be renting a car...

also, restaurants! my gf and I will be looking to eat some great/cheap seafood if possible!.. also, some cool day trips would be fun.. I'd love to check out the country since I have 6 days!

I'm pumped!.. thanks for your help!

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
608 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: for sfpelky

About the hotels you are thinking is hard to compare them.

posada del faro is in Jose Ignacio, wich is very nice and fancy, but as a hotel is a standar one, José Ignacio has not too many hotels so there is not much where you can choose ,

Serena is a rebuilt hotel, the beach is not one of the greats , but people says it has a good service and there are very few hotels really at the beach as this hotel is, but is quite more "urban" and in P del Este you have more options to compare

About sea food in Punta del Este i like Lo de charlie and Don Larramendi (basque style) but every summer new reaturants open so youll have to wait til december to see

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
608 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: for sfpelky

Have you look in la barra La posta del Cangrejo ? Las Olas ? or Las Dunas?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: for sfpelky

Yeah, I checked out Cangrejo.. didn't really blow my dress up but the reviews are great.. it just looks so Drab from the outside pictures..

I'll check out those other two hotels right now..

thanks again!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: for sfpelky

Las Olas has the MuZAK version of

Virtual Reality by Jamiroquai!... sweet hotel!.. where is it again?.. Barra?

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: for sfpelky

Hotel "las Olas "is in La Barra, between Bikini beach and Montoya Beach

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: for sfpelky

las dunas looks a little "family oriented" for me .... so many rugrats on the websites' picture gallery....

I can't stand kids.. especially loud obnoxious ones with parents that just ignore them...

argh!

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
608 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: for sfpelky

here you have another option to explore in la barra : La ballenera http://laballenera.net/english/rooms.html this is a bed and breakfast

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: for sfpelky

the two hotels I like the most

Serena and La Posada Del Faro

are both like $300 a night for the time period around Xmas and NYE.. but only like $150 during normal seasons..

what a rip off!.. and they aren't even THAT NICE.. god, is punta severely overpriced or what?.. I'm starting to re-think my visit..

the bed and breakfast isn't really my bag.. but thanks for the suggestion..

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: for sfpelky

oh well.. as you two know by now I sucked it it up.. took my skirt off, and threw down on the Posada Del Faro.. I sure hope it's nice as my gf is expecting some serious relaxation while we are there..

I really appreciate both your patience in dealing with me on this topic.. as I read thes posts from back in april I realize what a heart attack I was having about prices/quality etc..

I think I forgot it was a vacation.. I need to relax...

:::take's xanax:::

haha..