We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

Our cruise will be stopping in Punta del Este in late January, and aside from walking through the town, we would like to visit Casa Pueblo, and also the Ralli Museum. We may also want to visit the Arboretum Lussich if we have time.

We do not want to rent a car. Is there a hop-on-hop-off bus that would take us to these attractions, or do we need to take taxis? Also, what would be the cost of a taxi to these places?

Thanks for your help.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

Was at Casa pueblo today and saw the pink bus! It is fuchsia, can't miss it. $350 one day, $450 two days. Definitely goes to Casa pueblo though. It is only single story.

You have to pay about $120 pesos to enter the hotel IF you enter at the first place that says Entrada. You could go in the salida (exit) passage, or the actual hotel entrance further down. That's up to your individual conscience. Quite frankly, I can't decide if it is unconscionable to charge $120 pesos for the privilege of paying to eat in their restaurant and walk around, or to simply walk in the salida entrance. Also, they charged me $12 dollars for three individual size waters.....so, make your own karma call.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

Thanks for that information ChileLivin. We will have to decide whether to eat at the hotel or elsewhere.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,969 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

"You have to pay about $120 pesos to enter the hotel"

AFAIK, the charge is to enter the art museum not the hotel.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

Thanks for the clarification. We do plan to see the art museum, and now we can eat at the restaurant also.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

EIC is correct, but when you walk up to the hotel and the first entrance you see says "Entrada" I think most people will enter and pay not knowing you could walk further down and see the hotel free of charge. :). Sorry, my wording may have been a bit misleading.

Really, I was more irritated being charged $12 for water (3) than $6 to enter the museum. I guess every hotel overcharges for everything though....

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,969 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

ChileLevin,

The charges for a bottle of water are outrageous everywhere, not just Casapueblo or Uruguay. It seems that charging airport prices for a bottle of water has become a common practice in restaurants and hotels. Shame; it's the only think I drink and always overpay ;)

Silvia

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

Hi Milu.

Were you ever able to find answers to my two questions?

1) Where do we buy the tickets for the bus?

2) Do they accept US$ or Argentine pesos or credit cards?.

Thanks again for all your help.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

Mueseo Ralli - remember that this doesn't open until 17.00 in Jan & Feb - so may affect your timings & oroginal plans.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
420 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

Thanks for the information about the Ralli Museum guydog. The timing could change our plans.

20. Re: Cruise Stop - Best way to get to Casa Pueblo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, January 02, 2013