We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Solanas Vacation Club

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Solanas Vacation Club

Hi, going to PdE for a week in late Feb and am booked at this hotel through RCI. Anyone ever been or heard of it? Pool looks great but curious as to how far from town it is and if I have to rent a car. Thanks.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Solanas Vacation Club

You will definately need a car. About 20 minutes into centre of Punta del Este. However is only 5 minutes from airport.

NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Solanas Vacation Club

Thanks, any ideas about the hotel itself?

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Solanas Vacation Club

Hotel is not an ideal description - more of a resort with chalets and apartment blocks spread around a large woodland setting, with centralised facilities such as restaurant and swimming pool. I think a lot of it is timeshare owned. There is a good riding school within the complex if you are interested in trekking, including on the beach. Across the main road you can walk down to the beach where there are restaurants and so on. This area is more family orientated as, in particular, the beaches are weather protected and calmer being on the River Plate rather than the ocean. Stunning sunsets in this bay (Ballena).

So it depends what you want & how much you want to spend. If you are looking for non stop excitement, surfing, partying til dawn etc then you are at the wrong end of Punta del Este. If however you want reasnonably priced, quiet accomodation and are happy to drive to other places, then you will be fine.

I have not stayed there but have ben in the complex many times.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Solanas Vacation Club

i can tell you cause i have a time share 4 pax flat in Forest.

you need a car to go to the city.

it is some blocks from the sea. you d better drive

we go there every year. grally in august. and have a good time there.

a good restaurant.

nice pool but nothing spectacular.

good horses.

there are free activities organized in the evening, the same as salsa classes which are fun.

5. Re: Hotel Solanas Vacation Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 14, 2009