We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

this place is terrible

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
this place is terrible

this hostel is def not the best in the country, its by far the worst

if you way under 55kgs you will probably be able to sit on the toilet and have a shower.

there are no curfews and the bar stays open late which means that 18 to 22 years old party till 5 in the morning after going somewhere else

its really expensive for what is worth. the 6 bed dorms have no window and its very stuffy, if you dont have a toilet attached to the room be prepared to wait up to a hour for the shower as there is 19 people sharing one bathroom

its the most terrible place i have ever been too.

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: this place is terrible

And the name is . . . ?

australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: this place is terrible

1949 hostel in punta del este

kamloops,BC
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: this place is terrible

thanks for your advice, I will definitely look elsewhere, the only problem being that is is the Easter week. Too bad you had such a bad experience. Are there better hostels in Punta?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,126 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: this place is terrible

Ashleigh:

For the benefit of future travelers, you should write a hotel review in the hotel review section. If the hotel is not listed, you can add it.

Silvia

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: this place is terrible

wITH ALL DUE RESPECT, it is a hostel after all, in a party town,,,,,what did you expect? full on luxury?.When you stay in a hostel , you know what to expect....and you know that.

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: this place is terrible

I was in Punta in March and found a nice, cheap hotel. It's called "Hotel Dollar." A room cost $50 for two people, including a large breakfast. I went during "Semana Santa" so prices were more expensive than during the off-season. Normally, I think that hotel has $35 rooms. I strongly recommend this hotel!

7. Re: this place is terrible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 30, 2009