We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best gay-friendly hotel in Punta del Este?

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best gay-friendly hotel in Punta del Este?

My partner and I are visiting BA, Iquazu and plan a few days on the beach in Punta. We'd like information on the gay-friendly hotels to consider and prefer either a four or five star property. Any/all suggestons welcome and appreciated.

boston
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best gay-friendly hotel in Punta del Este?

My partner & I stayed at AWA. It was nice, but can be pricey in season. Actually anywhere in Punta is probably fine, we did not get feeling that gay men were looked down upon anywhere. There seemed to be a more than average amount of gay folk in Punta. But as a upscale fairly pricey resort, I expect they see many gay folk there. We were there in December, The beaches were beautiful and uncrowded. In season, probably more crowded, but if you have a car, drive around and find one you like best. Chihuahua is a bit of a drive, but the beach is nude and a good amount guys are there, usually nude. We also liked many of the beaches heading towards La Barra.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best gay-friendly hotel in Punta del Este?

Thank you for the insight. We checked out AWE but found the hotel to be off the beaten path, so went with Le Club Posada as it's directly on the beach and the rate was half of AWE.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best gay-friendly hotel in Punta del Este?

Did you enjoy Le Club Posada? I went to their website and it looks like a fun spot. Is there a town within walking distance for dinner/shopping, etc.?

4. Re: Best gay-friendly hotel in Punta del Este?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 18, 2009