We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Colonia but have less time in Montevideo?

Cork, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visit Colonia but have less time in Montevideo?

Following three days in BsAs in September, I have two full days to get a taste of Uruguay. I am a male solo traveller.

Should I get the ferry from BsAs directly to Montevideo and spend the two full days there? (I fly to Iguazu from Montevideo on the morning of the third day).

Alternatively, should I try to get the ferry to Colonia and spend a half day there at the expense of time in Montevideo? If I am to pursue this option, I will need to be able to store my bags in the ferry port.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Edited: 5:43 pm, August 04, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Uruguay, Montevideo
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Colonia but have less time in Montevideo?

Colonia is a very nice city but you have few time to stay in Uruguay.

Early, you arrive to colonia at 10 am and stay ¿8 hours? there. From Colonia to MVD, you spend 3hs thereabouts.

Sleep in MVD and you have a day to visit it, maybe on hop on hop off bus, or walk the downtown

If you like rush tourism, is ok... if you like easy way, I recomend you visit only MVD.

About bag storage, I don't remember storage in the ferry port but maybe you can stored it in the Bus Station, near of port

2. Re: Visit Colonia but have less time in Montevideo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 pm, September 02, 2013
3. Re: Visit Colonia but have less time in Montevideo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 04, 2014