We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking fellow travellers in Uruguay 6-17 Feb 2013

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking fellow travellers in Uruguay 6-17 Feb 2013

I am a woman just over 50 travelling alone in Uruguay for the first time.i come on the ferry boat to Montevideo on 6/2/13.I have no fixed itinerary and would like to meet up with other travellers for walks and meals for a few days in the capitol.Them I think it would be nice to go along the coast and I happy to hire a car amd share expenses.I am well yravelled and fit and spreak spanish but it is so boring travelling alone and much more fun with others.please contact me especially if you are over 50

or travelling alone in these dates.Thanks from Nell

Punta del Este
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking fellow travellers in Uruguay 6-17 Feb 2013

Hello Nell, Kia Ora!

I lived in New Zealand for a year, I didn't stop at Nelson but i've been throughout the South Island.

If you need anything, I live in Punta del Este

Sweet as

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
South Island
South Island
New Zealand
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking fellow travellers in Uruguay 6-17 Feb 2013

Hello,

I am planning to take the ferry from Buenos Aires on Wed (feb 13) to Montevideo. What area do you recommend I stay? Looking to see sights and maybe bus to punta .

Thanks

Edited: 8:06 pm, February 11, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,235 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking fellow travellers in Uruguay 6-17 Feb 2013

Iin Montevideo, look for accommodations in Pocitos or Punta Carreta, both are great locations with adequate public transportation to downtown, and close enough for a cab ride to be very affordable.

Silvia

Edited: 10:53 am, February 12, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking fellow travellers in Uruguay 6-17 Feb 2013

Hi Nell,

I will be there tomorrow, would love to have company for a meal or two. Let me know if interested. Hope you are enjoying yourself so far!

Thank you

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking fellow travellers in Uruguay 6-17 Feb 2013

Thank you Silvia!

6. Re: Seeking fellow travellers in Uruguay 6-17 Feb 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 14, 2014