We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pluna Airlines Liquidation

Harpenden, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pluna Airlines Liquidation

I have discovered that Pluna Airllines has suspended all flights with effect from 6 July (the Uraguayan government has pulled the plug so the company appears to be in liquidation). Best advice would be appreciated from anyone who has faced a similar airline situation in the past as to recommended action (i.e. should I book flights on alternative airlines sooner rather than wait for information which might never arrive? - I was due to fly from Rio de Janeiro to Santiago via Montevideo on Pluna on 20 July and had booked direct with the airline). My instinct is to book soonest as flight prices may otherwise skyrocket as awareness of the situation increases. Re compensation I am sure I will be able to recover something in due course as I booked on a credit card and I have the back-up to prove it. Thanks.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Pluna Airlines Liquidation

I just found out about the end of Pluna and therefore the end of my trip to Punta Del Este unless I can find another way to get there quickly. The ferry is as expensive as a flight and then you have to take the bus. Anyone have any luck contacting Pluna and getting any sort of refund or is a CC dispute the only way. Anyone else have any ideas on getting to Punta?

dover uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Pluna Airlines Liquidation

I emailed Pluna some time ago but it was returned as undeliverable. They do not exist and are not contactable. I would do as I did and get your money back from your credit card asap. Then use it towards a flight with LAN or GOL. If you are flying into South America there are airpasses with LAN, GOL and TAM but you will have to read the terms to see if you qualify. In my case our four flights within South America worked out cheaper buying them separately than through an airpass, but some homework is necessary depending upon your flight plans.

23. Re: Pluna Airlines Liquidation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 04, 2013