We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uraguay to Foz do Iguacu

liverpool
8 posts
Save Topic
Uraguay to Foz do Iguacu

Hi,

Does anybody know an easy way to get from Uraguay to Foz do Iguacu to visit the waterfalls. We are visting Uraguay and will be in Punta Del Este we had planned to go overland to Foz via a Bus route. I can't find an easy way to do this and I'm not sure of the border crossing. Has anybody done this route or suggest an way to do it?

Any Help Greatly Appreciated.

Many Thanks

Diane

london
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Uraguay to Foz do Iguacu

hello ,there are a couple of ways to do it,but it depends on your budget .the way i did it(cheap) was bus from montevideo to salto (6hrs) from there you have 2 choices either another bus to the town of concordia or the ferry ,well i say ferry more like a small launch but it only crosses the river which is about half the size of the mersey.from concordia there is another bus to puerto iguazu, expreso singer is the name of the company.id recomend a night in salto and take one of their thermal spa's. The quickest way is to fly from punta to BA then on to iguazu not cheap though.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
606 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uraguay to Foz do Iguacu

I tkink the recomendation above is a very good one for bus options.

The Bus companies for Montevideo - Salto are Agencia Central/ Nuñez one way ticket is round 15 us dollars

you can search time schedule at trescruces.com .uy search by destination