We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visas

canberra
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
visas

Hi out there,

does anyone know what the simplest way is for Australian citizen to get a visa for Yemen and how long it takes?Can we travel indepently there or do we need to go with a travel agent?Thanks for your help.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visas

Hi

I'm an Aussie living in NZ (poor me) and I am going to Yemen in November. I had to post my passport, visa application and a passport photo to the tour operator in Melbourne. She then forwarded the whole lot to the Yemen Consulate in Sydney. I received an email a couple of weeks ago advising that the consulate had run out of visa stickers and was waiting for a consignment to arrive from the Embassy in Japan.

Maybe you can apply to the Consulate direct for a visa?

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visas

Regarding visa - As I am a EU citizen, I can get a visa upon arrival in Sana'a - However, most airlines do not know this and therefore demand that you have a visa prior to departure. As I can understand from the reply you got that it is rather complicated to get a visa in Australia, I would check with the Yemeni Embassy if it is also possible for Auzzies to get visa upon arrival.

It should be possible for you to travel without a travel group or agent. However, as many things are outside the beaten track you will at times have to rent a four-wheel drive, but they are available for 70 to 80 dollars a day. You will also be able to arrange much with a local travel agent when you are in Sana'a - wish you a pleasant trip.

Henrik

New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visas

I think living in NZ was the complicating factor for me. The actual visa application process was straightforward. The sticker has now been placed in my passport and the passport is being returned to me now.

Of course, having a visa does not guarantee 100% that a person will be allowed to enter the country that issued the visa. People can be turned around at a border for many reasons.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
27 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visas

I received my passport and visa for Yemen this week.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: visas

The Yemen consulate's details are

11 West Street

North Sydney NSW 2060

Tel: (02) 8920 9111

Just ring the lady.

She'll send you an application form by email.

Fill it out.

Ring again and make an appointment to see her with your passport and application form and receive your Visa.

6. Re: visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, October 09, 2009