We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formula One Race Final

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
18 reviews
Formula One Race Final

Hi, how hard would it be for me to catch a 10:20pm flight out of AD if I attend the formula one race on the Sunday. Race starts at 5pm and finishes at 7pm.

Would it be possible for me to make this flight?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Formula One Race Final

You have to be at the airport by 8:30 pm so you have enough time since the airport is not too far from Yas circuit if you go straight from there However, some factors to consider are: where is your hotel? Do you have to go back to the hotel to get your luggage? Those things can affect how fast you can reach the airport

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
128 reviews
2. Re: Formula One Race Final

Another thing to consider is the traffic getting away from Yas Island. We avoid it on race day ;-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Formula One Race Final

Yeah I guess there is always a risk with traffic, esp if there was an accident.

I want to see the F1 as I'm there for a conference just before, however hotels are ridiculously expensive for Sat and Sun night :(

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: Formula One Race Final

Smiles....they aren't as silly for prices as you would think

We have got a four star hotel downtown for four nights (fri-mon) with breakfast for just over £120 a night ...that's in Abu Dhabi

We were paying more than that in dubai same time last year on our way back from thailand

The two day tickets are great value as they include Saturday, Sunday waterworld and ferarri world and the after show concerts each night all for £125 a ticket.....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Formula One Race Final

Yes ive now realised they include Riannas concert and ? concert (Sat night) plus Ferrari world and Yas waterworld. So good value.

As for the hotel I think I now will stay at an Airbnb (if I can get one). There is only me.

Now im trying to decide 2 days or 3 days. How good is the Pit lane walk as that is the only reason I would buy a 3 day ticket. I have already paid for a Dubai day tour that Thurs, so I would need to cancel this in order to attend the Pit lane walk. Is it worth it or should I just do the Dubai day tour. Ive never been to Dubai before.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
78 reviews
6. Re: Formula One Race Final

smiles.....i havent been to a grand prix before so cant help you with that one - but I certainly wouldnt cancel a day trip roud dubai for it.....i think i know which one will leave more memories

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
13,016 posts
78 reviews
7. Re: Formula One Race Final

If you haven't been to Dubai then it certainly beats the pit lane walk in my opinion; especially if Dubai tour is already paid for.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Formula One Race Final

Thanks guys, you have helped me make the decision. Yes Dubai tour is all paid for and its an exclusive tour organised by the conference I'm attending, so best I attend as mixing with conference peers may lead to future business collaborations. Plus work is not paying for me to tour the Pits!!!

I have seen the F1 cars before, even touched them! at the good wood festival of speed - so it's not like I've never seen them before.....whereas I've never been to Dubai so a day tour would be great!

Thanks trip advisor people!

9. Re: Formula One Race Final

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 18, 2017