We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ETIHAD World Class Service - Sorry Far from it.

Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
ETIHAD World Class Service - Sorry Far from it.

We booked return flights to Dublin and the Car Hire for a nine-day stay. We flew overnight arriving at Dublin Airport at 07.30-hrs with a massive 91-kgs of luggage.

There was no car hire booking, when queried at Etihad desk I was asked to speak to Etihad callcentre in england. They agreed that they had made a mistake but could not organise car hire and I would have to raise a complaint and claim my money back. They point blank refused to arrange car hire for me, clearly this left us stranded as a travel weary Family and a mountain of luggage.

The Etihad help desk in the Airport tried to relieve themselves of all and any responsibility. After three attempts to get them to help us I wheeled the luggage and my Family to the Etihad help desk and unleashed my Wife on them who stood for 30-minutes stating our case before ETIHAD offered the short-term solution, a limousine and a Taxi later and we finally arrived at our destination four hours late.

We are now five-days into our holiday and ETIHAD have still not provided the car hire that we paid for in May.

I have no problem with an organisation making mistake but to then completely wash their hands of all responsibility and leave a Family stranded is shameful.

1. Re: ETIHAD World Class Service - Sorry Far from it.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 17, 2015