We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport

Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Airport

Looking to fly to Samui in July via Abu Dhabi. The flight connection time in Abu Dhabi is 1 hour 20 mins and arrives around 7am. Ignoring flight delays and assuming all is on time, I am wondering if this is enough time. I usually always fly to the USA and I know immigration takes an age and security is intense but not too bad and can be through that in 15 mins. However being a foreign airport I have never been to and being my first time travelling without parents I am a little nervous. Do i follow transit signs or signs for security. I have read reports online saying you do security at your flight gate however surely this can't be true. Sorry if I seem panicky just as I'm sure you are aware the thought of being stuck in an airport is quite daunting for someone flying without their family for the first time!

I will be in Terminal 3 arrival and departure

Any help would be truly appreciated

Thankyou!

Edited: 8:33 am, February 16, 2014
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,537 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport

You could also try the Air forum. Link below .....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport

I didn't realise there was one, thanks!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport

No need to worry or panic. It will be smooth, believe me.

If you hold a direct boarding pass to the destination you don't have to clear the security here. Follow the transit.

Now Abu Dhabi has USA customs clearnce here. If you have more time at the Abu Dhabi Airport, you can even clear your customs here.

usatoday.com/story/…

4. Re: Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 18, 2015