We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formula One 2014 tickets?

Finland
Level Contributor
461 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Formula One 2014 tickets?

Hi,

when can I buy F1 tickets for this year´s event? I signed to Yas Marina Circuit-newsletter, so they will probably let me know, but would be nice to hear when they normally publish them, in previous years?

What kind of tickets do you recommend? We have seen many gp:s, but never in Abu Dhabi. We enjoy seats with a wide view of the circuit, maybe by a turn/chicane, so you might see some overtakings.

Are there any packages including hotel and tickets?

Thank you very much for replies and all the tips!

Kemnay...
Level Contributor
84 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

Hi, tickets go on sale about March I think. In past years there have been early bird ticket sales, to it pays to get in quick.

We sat in the West grandstand, and it was good as we could see the cars coming down the straight, the chicane was in front of us. We could also see the cars after coming under the hotel going round the last corner.

Our 'seats' were in the sun during the day which was very hot, but a lot of people didn't turn up until much later in the day, so we sat further up the grandstand in the shade without there being an issue. I believe the south grandstand is also very good, however may be hot in the direct sun.

Not sure about packages with hotels and tickets.

You can't take any food into the circuit, and we found it difficult to take food and drink from the take a ways into the grandstands. We leaned to buy the food and put it in our bag until sat in our seats. There was plenty of free bottled water you could pick up and there was really nice sandwiches on offer each day which made a nice change from the usual burgers and chips.

If you buy tickets for the weekend you can get access to the 'pit walk' on Thursday afternoon, it is worth doing so you can get a close look at the cars.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

If you can't get seats in the main grandstand then I recommend the south grandstand which overlooks the chicane/corner at the end of the fast straight and you see a large part of the track (and some of the marina). South grandstand is in the shade all day. The cheapest option for tickets is Abu Dhabi hill.

Finland
Level Contributor
461 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

Thank you so much , both of you! Just bought the flights and hotel, Centro Yas Island, hope it is a good one. I guess we cab walk from the hotel to the Circuit? Can you get to the Circuit area from all the gates, no matter what seats you have? Just comparing to Singapore where we lived very close to the track, but had to travel to another side of the track, because we could not get into the circuit anywhere with our tickets. Too bad we are flying there early on Friday morning, so we are not able to have the possible pit lane walk on Thursday.

Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

Hello,

I have booked the flight and hotel, I am wondering if its possible to walk around in the Yas Viceroy Hotel and area during the F1 weekend (Even I expect to buy the F1 tickets soon), not during the race but in between the practises and race or qualify? As I would like to get close up of the hotel.

Cheers

Justin

Frodsham, England...
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

Hi,

March is right for the tickets, I think. The circuit said March when I asked at the beginning of the year, and checking my eMails they sent one last year on 25th March announcing early bird offers on some tickets that were purchased before May.

The Yas Island hotels are in easy walking distance of the circuit. When I went in 2011 I stayed at the Al Raha Beach hotel, but this time we are staying at the Crowne Plaza On Yas Island for easier access.

I know what you mean about Singapore, but was fortunate enough to be close to the gate I needed when I went In 2012. From experience, the closest entrance to the hotels in Abu Dhabi are fine for the Main Grandstand (and F1 village), and I'm pretty sure the West Grandstand too. I'm just not sure about the North and South grandstands.

As far as gaining access to the Yas Hotel - I'd be very surprised if non-residents can get anywhere near it on the race weekend. By all accounts it's where the teams and drivers stay, so I would imagine access is strictly pass controlled (even access to the grandstands are controlled by swipe cards).

Cheers,

Steve

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

Hi jm1664

We were at the Grand Prix last year and bought out tIckets on the 23rd march, we bought 2 grandstand tickets for 3 days and had great front row seats allocated just near to the start line, they were brilliant couldn't have chose better.

We also booked a table at origins in the yas hotel and arrived early so were able to wander around the hotel quite freely, although we were asked on entry the purpose of our visit. It was extremely busy, people were everywhere and Eddie Jordan was around having photos taken. We were also able to view over the marina, I would definitely recommend a table at origins, this is set outside overlooking the marina and track it's just a great location with a great atmosphere, everyone drinking champagne and having seafood in the sunset, just wonderful!

Hope this helps.

Finland
Level Contributor
461 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

Thanks for your very good advice! Is Origins very expensive?

What time is the race on Sunday? How about the free practice and qualifying on Fri and Sat? Apprx. time is enough, I can´t remember, if it is a day- or a nightrace, sorry.. :)

Frodsham, England...
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

Assuming the times are the same as 2011, the Friday is FP1 13:00-14:30, FP2 17:00-18:30, Sat FP3 14:00-15:00 and Q 17:00-18:00. Sunday race is 17:00 until 19:00 at the latest.

9. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, April 08, 2014
10. Re: Formula One 2014 tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 10, 2015