We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Shopping

Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Shopping

I'm going to Abu Dhabi for the first time in March and hoping to do some shopping.

Can you tell me what's cheap to buy there?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,994 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Shopping

If it's anything like Dubai not much. The majority of the stuff is no cheaper than the UK.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Shopping

It depends what is your interest.

Visit all the malls in abu dhabi for a window shopping and you can compare the prices from your place.

Cloths, Carpets, Jewels, watches can be cheaper than your place.

Electronics rates are more or less same everywhere now.

Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Shopping

Hi there, I found perfume to be a reasonable price at the Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Shopping

Cheap items in Abu Dhabi (found in independent shops, not in the malls, same as Dubai) include fabrics, clothing (off-the peg and tailor-made), cooking utensils, crockery, linens, gifts. For other items avoid international brand names and you will find most items cheaper than in Europe.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Shopping

So where can we find these cheap items? I'm sure all he malls have is expensive branded stuff!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Shopping

You can find them in independent shops, which are mostly around residential areas in the city.

For fabrics/cloths, you can visit behind home center, that between hamdan street-electra street, and behind al maryah mall, that is between hamdan street-khalfa street

Edited: 1:23 am, January 17, 2014
England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Shopping

Have a day in Dubai to drive it, its 1 hour 45 mins and go to Al Karama, its my favourite place to shop.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Shopping

For cheap shopping try the Hamdan Center and The Hamed Center on Electra. If you are looking to buy carpets, visit the carpet market in Mina.

Both the shopping centre's have a selection of clothes, sports and souvenir shops.

Don't forget to haggle.

9. Re: Cheap Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 27, 2015