We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Regis Saadiyat Island

Denbigh, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
St. Regis Saadiyat Island

I am looking at booking a holiday here in March. I am looking at google earth maps and notice there is a gap between the St Regis and the Park Hyatt. Is this still a gap of open ground or has it been or being built on yet?

Also I notice what looks like a big estate of houses and apartments surrounding the hotel. Does everyone here get the use of the hotel beach?

Is it possible to walk along the beach from this hotel to the Park Hyatt and the public area of beach beyond?

Thanks.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

Saadiyat Island is undergoing many development projects, you can see construction activities in many parts of Saadiyat Island.

Those villas are developed by the promoter of the Island TDIC, they are called SBV (Saadiyat Beach Villas) & SBR (Saadiyat Beach Residence), they have separate Beach access, also have discounted rates in Beach Hotels & Beach clubs in Saadiyat Island.

No idea about walking in between St. Regis & Park Hyatt on the beach.

Denbigh, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

Thanks. Can anyone say whether there is construction work on the land between St Regis and Park Hyatt?

Denbigh, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

I can sort of answer my own question as I took the plunge and arrived at the St Regis Saadiyat today. The gap between the St Regis and the Park Hyatt doesn't appear to have actual work going on at present but there is a huge pile of sand with a fence around it. Looks like coming soon, no noise but not over attractive.

In the other direction, left of the hotel as you look at the sea there is a construction site in the distance with plenty of cranes but again no noticeable noise.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

i look forward to your review as I arrive at st regis in 2 weeks time

Edited: 11:15 am, February 04, 2014
Denbigh, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

Returning on the 12th and I usually try and do a review. Let me know if I can help with any queries.

Denbigh, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

I have posted a review of this hotel as promised with photos of what the areas look like either side of the hotel. Thought this might help if anyone else is worried about what construction is going on nearby like I was.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

Thanks for the very nice and detailed review.

I also liked your photographs.

London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

Can anyone tell me if the public beach at Saadiyat Island is fully open and operational yet - are there facilities for changing, refreshments etc? Is it a building site?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

Yes, Saadiyat Public Beach is fully open and operational.

All the required facilities are available there, which are provided by a management group called BAKE.

bakeuae.com/our-beaches/saadiyat-public-beac…

Edited: 10:51 pm, February 16, 2014
London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Regis Saadiyat Island

Thanks - I emailed the Saadiyat Co. and Bake bit havrnt heard anything back.

Do you know how far/long from cruise terminal to beach and apptox taxi fare?

Any good places to see along the way?

thanks again