We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy Duty Free in Manchester or Abu Dhabi Airport?

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chorley
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Buy Duty Free in Manchester or Abu Dhabi Airport?

Hi, my husband and I and our friends are flying to Abu Dhabi from Manchester on New Year's Day, I have been given varying advise re buying alcohol for consumption in our room in the hotel during our stay. Is it best to buy it in Manchester or should we purchase it up in arrival at Abu Dhabi airport? Destinology who we have booked with and who have been really helpful state it is cheaper there but several other people have stated it's cheaper to buy in the UK, can anyone help me please?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,853 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy Duty Free in Manchester or Abu Dhabi Airport?

I personally think it's slightly cheaper to buy in the UK but I don't partake of the expensive stuff.

The problem you have is carrying it with you. If you were thinking of buying it from a supermarket then you'll have to protect it well to put it in your case and still may end up with spillage in which case the better option is to buy it in arrivals at Abu Dhabi airport. Less hassle, not a lot of price variation from the UK and you'll not have to carry it around.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy Duty Free in Manchester or Abu Dhabi Airport?

It certainly is (way) cheaper in the UK. But as DaisyEngland notes above, do you really want the hassle of ferrying it all the way from Manchester?

3. Re: Buy Duty Free in Manchester or Abu Dhabi Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 01, 2015