We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit hotel 9 hours

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
transit hotel 9 hours

we arrive June 1st just before midnight and depart next morning at 8.50am, we need a sleep as we are mid 60s, the transit hotel doesnt look too flash, can we access the Premier Inn from terminal 3, if not how long would it take to go through customs , get luggage and walk to Premier Inn.

thank you

Margaret & Richard

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transit hotel 9 hours

Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport opposite to Terminal 3 and next to Skypark parking area, it has direct access on foot to Terminals 1 and 3 via the Skypark retail corridor.

Passport control and luggage collection may take around 35 to 45 minutes, if not crowded.

Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transit hotel 9 hours

Hello,

I have a layover of 13 hours in AD. (Nighttime) coming from the Seychelles and flying to Brussels.

Is the premier inn a good option to stay? Do I need to make sure I pack the essential things in my handluggage (direct check through of luggage to final destination is possible if the layover is nearly 13 hours?) or do I have to claim my luggage and go through customs in the morning and recheck my luggage again?

Thanks for your advice!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transit hotel 9 hours

There was a recent review of the Premier Inn in the local AD newspaper: thenational.ae/lifestyle/travel/hotel-inside…

UK people will know this hotel chain well from home. It's virtually identical in terms of facilities, décor and facilities.

Your bags will be checked through for a connection of less that 24h, assuming it's the same airline on both sectors, so make sure you pack anything you need in your carry on bag.

EU nationals receive a free 30 day entry stamp. IME, immigration will take anything between 2 mins and 1h depending on other flights arriving at the same time.

4. Re: transit hotel 9 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 25, 2015