We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover and Airport Lounges

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Stopover and Airport Lounges

We have a stopover of 2 1/2 hours from Melb to Frankfurt. Is this to short to bother using the lounges, really will want to shower? Also which is the best lounge at the airport to use we are planning to use as a once only and pay in advance.

Regards and thanks

Michelle.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopover and Airport Lounges

Abudhabi Airport website gives you good info.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopover and Airport Lounges

Thanks Vasu8,

I have looked at the website, I am more interested in hearing if 2 1/2 hours is too short to bother with an airport Lounge.

Thanks

M.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stopover and Airport Lounges

You can shower without using the lounges as facilities are available in the restrooms/toilet/WC.

I use the lounge only if it is free. Eithad 1st a business class lounge for example has a nice Six Senses spa offering free massages and the bar is pretty good. A couple weeks ago I flew out of T1 going economy with Turkish so no free lounge and found that a wait of about 2.5 hours was fine. I looked round the shops and had a beverage in a cafe (I find Costa has comfortable seating).

So I think it is quite feasible to have a reasonably comfortable time in the airport and would only suggest you pay for the lounge if you are waiting more than 3 hours. This applies if you are not travelling at peak times such as the Eid holidays. At Eid even the lounges are chaotic but it can be difficult to find a seat anywhere in the terminals. It will be busy this coming week 6th to 10th August for Eid Al Fitr.

Edited: 12:36 am, August 05, 2013
4. Re: Stopover and Airport Lounges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 07, 2014