We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Can someone please tell me how much I can expect to pay for a taxi from the airport to my hotel,Centro Al Manhal?

thanks

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

The metered taxi will cost you approximately Dhs. 60 - 70.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

It will be exactly 70 Dirhams (fixed price). Don't take the metered option if it is offered as if you get stuck in traffic it might cost more.

Edited: 12:24 pm, April 23, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Hi

I stayed here and its s great budget option with a supermarket and surprisingly nice chicken shop just next door plus the main bus station is approx 10 min walk away .the can fare was exactly 65 dirhams but that was at approx 8pm at night.

Check out my trip report Eat Sleep Shoot Travel Abu Dhabi for more details of my trip .

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Thank you everyone,

Much appreciated.Its just nice to have a price so there is no nasty surprise at the end of the trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Was nicely surprised they seem to have managed to get rid of the dodgy cab drivers the driver name and badge number is clearly displayed and the rates as well as a complaints line in case if any problems is displayed in the rear of the cab.

They also state if the meter is not turned on the ride is free !! . As a female traveller with my son I didn't have any problems and never thought I was being ripped off . the biggest fare will be from the airport as they is no metro service etc so it is a cab or the bus which might be an idea if your on a tight budget as the main bus garage is literally a 5 min walk round the corner from the hotel. Enjoy !!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Thank you, and I loved reading you trip report also,As there is 3 of us ( also travelling with our 15 yo son) and arriving at 6.30 am (omg) I think we may take the cab. Easier than a bus with our luggage and probably not much more when you account for 3 people. .

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Was nicely surprised they seem to have managed to get rid of the dodgy cab drivers the driver name and badge number is clearly displayed and the rates as well as a complaints line in case if any problems is displayed in the rear of the cab.

They also state if the meter is not turned on the ride is free !! . As a female traveller with my son I didn't have any problems and never thought I was being ripped off . the biggest fare will be from the airport as they is no metro service etc so it is a cab or the bus which might be an idea if your on a tight budget as the main bus garage is literally a 5 min walk round the corner from the hotel. Enjoy !!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

By the way going back to the airport fixed price is not an option in the taxi.

Not sure what is meant by "dodgy" drivers. In all my 14 years in Abu Dhabi this has never been a big issue. Only the occasional driver will sometimes try to agree the fare privately without using the meter and that still happens (especially if you are a cruise passenger going from the port or wanting to do a long trip like Dubai or Al Ain).

Taxi is always preferable to bus when going to/from the airport due to waiting times and travel times.

Edited: 12:32 am, April 24, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Also just a tip don't use the shop in the hotel there's I'd a big supermarket next door that sells everything for a third of the price plus there is a fridge in the room you can use.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi cost-airport to Centro Al Manhal hotel

Bus A1 is a lot cheaper, DeeDee, (4AED/person) and it goes every half-hour at this time of day. However you have to load and unload baggage into the hold yourself, and you'd have a 400m walk from the Main Bus Station to your hotel.