We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi guys,

My wife and i are travelling to Abu Dhabi in a few weeks for 5 nights.

Ideally, we are looking for a 5* hotel with modern rooms, good breakfast, nice pool area and food options nearby. Our main aim for this trip is to relax and catch some sun. We liked the look of the Sofitel but i fear the pool are may be in shade for most of the day due to its proximity to high rise buildings?!

Our budget is approx £150/night

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

It took me forever to try & decide a place to stay - we settled on Jumeirah Etihad Towers - maybe have a look at them. We leave in 2 weeks for our holiday so haven't stayed there yet but have heard plenty of good things.

Mentioned in this post
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
3,681 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Etihad Towers
Etihad Towers
410 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Sofitel is better location than Jumeirah Etihad Towers if you want places within walking distance to go /eat outside the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
3,681 Reviews
Etihad Towers
Etihad Towers
410 Reviews
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

*****UPDATE*****

After going back and forth between different hotels and considering staying in Dubai instead, we have finally booked a hotel.

Found a pretty good deal at the new Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal - 5 nights in a deluxe room with breakfast for £780.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
The Ritz-Carlton Abu...
2,268 Reviews
cardiff south wales
Level Contributor
333 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Have you seen the one review on trip advisor stating that hotel rooms not yet ready, hope they are finished by the time you arrive.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Yeah, I read the only review available on TA. Hopefully, by the time we arrive, the rooms will be complete. If not, they will just need to upgrade us to one of the rooms which is complete, which is the level of service I would expect from one of the worlds top hotel brands :-)

6. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 22, 2014