We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Manchester
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Good evening! Please could anybody advise me if when a flight is booked on Etihad from Manchester to Abu Dhabi with a coach Etihad transfer to Dubai marina mall, if it is possible to collect luggage at Abu Dhabi and get a taxi independently or do Etihad check-in luggage straight through to the coach transfer. We are obviously wanting to pay the cheaper flight but do not want to sit round waiting for a coach as we are travelling with young children. This is a little bizarre but it is over £100 cheaper if we book Etihad to Dubai (with the pain coach transfer) rather than the same flight to Abu Dhabi! we are staying on the palm so are quite happy to fly into Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Can anyone advise me please on the drive time to The Palm from AUH?

Thank you in advance - any advise greatly appreciated!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Hi there,

I'm looking at exactly the same thing. I think they are just competing with Emirates so want to be cheaper to Dubai otherwise it doesn't make sense why the same flights without the bus are (in my case) 140 more expensive.

I can't answer your question yet but am booking tomorrow for 2 weeks time so will let you know the outcome.

Cheers

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Yes you can take a taxi instead of taking the Etihad coach to Dubai. Similarly if there is room and you are not flying with Etihad you can use the coach for a small charge.

Taxi drive time to the Palm Jumeirah is about one hour.

Edited: 11:55 pm, March 11, 2013
Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

If you are 4 passengers are less, better opt far metered taxi, it will be convenient and will drop you on your doorstep.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
4 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

We have a different but related problem. We are flying into Abu Dhabi with Etihad but not on an Etihad ticket and on from Abu Dhabi to Sydney (we are on a codeshare arrangement with Virgin Australia). We have stayed in Abu Dhabi before but decided to have 3 nights in Dubai. It seems that we do not qualify for the free coach transfers between Abu Dhabi Airport and Dubai but can we still use the Etihad coach if we pay for it? Or are are there any options. Grateful for any advice.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Etihad coach will allow you to travel for a nominal charge (Dhs. 75) provided they have spare seats (normally it does).

Other options are, Limo from the arrival gate, or metered taxi from basement. Metered taxi will be cost effective. It will cost you approx. Dhs. 275 to 300/- depend upon the location in Dubai.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
4 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Thanks JeyaB. You have resolved the issue for me.

Ramstein-Miesenbach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Also note, your Etihad ticket is your pass to this coach so keep it and keep it handy. The free coach is available only the day you fly, so after you return or before you go. Otherwise you can pay the fee if space available. It may be possible to use another passengers ticket to ride for free but I have not used the coach yet and do not now if they scrutinize the ticket.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Liz, pls post your experience.

Clare, Ireland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Hi. in the same position as the OP. Flights with Etihad are cheaper to Dubai than Abu Dhabi. Just wondering how the experience went for those that flew there recently. It is the return section from Dubai to Abu Dhabi that interests me, do Etihad check u in at the bus pick up in Dubai or were u able to turn up in Abu Dhabi and check in ? I'd be concerned that if u did not show up for the bus transfer that they might cancel your flight! Hopefully those of you that have traveled there recently will be able to shed light on the matter :)

Cumbria UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Etihad transfer from Abu Dhabi to Dubai

Hi everyone,

If I can just add a few things, the free coach takes about an hour at the busiest time of day and its your boarding pass that is needed not your ticket/e-ticket, make sure you put it in a safe place when you board the aircraft at your departure destination.

The free coach does not drop you off at various hotels but goes between Abu Dhabi Int airport, stops at the Etihad office in Dubai and then onto Dubai airport. If travelling with small children, I would get a metered taxi, there are plenty on the concourse outside both airports.

Duty free wine, spirits and cigarettes can be purchased on arrival when flying into Abu Dhabi, I am not sure about Dubai but it is probably the same now.

There is a facility to check-in at the Etihad office in Dubai but not necessary, its quick and convenient at both airports, you can also do it on-line if you have internet access at your hotel. They do not cancel your flight if you decide not to use the coach transfer.

I have been going to Abu Dhabi every Oct/Nov since 2009 for the F1 Grand prix and stayed in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai though my preference now is to stay on Yas Island as travel after the race is busy and can take an exceptionally long time.

Hope that helps, have a great time, its a wonderful place to visit.