We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Important (but rather boring) traffic question- sorry!

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Topic
Important (but rather boring) traffic question- sorry!

Hi all,

I have a work meeting in AD somewhere close to the Federal National Council. I'm trying to decide on an area to stay in, and would appreciate the help.

My main 2 options are either Le Meridian or somewhere around it. My other option is one of the Qaryat Al Bari hotels. How long will it take from each of these places to get to my mtg in morning traffic? (Will narrow the hotel choices down once I've decided on the area)

I know the 2 areas are very different, but I'm trying to figure out which would be more convenient if I want to get to my mtg by 7.30 am. What is the morning rush hour like? Is the corniche tolerable or should I go with the Bain Al Jessrain area?

Google maps shows that it'll take double the time from Qaryat Al Bari- is that applicable to weekday mornings?

I guess I like the idea of staying outside the city, but just want to make sure I factor in enough time for the drive.

Thank you AD experts !

Edited: 1:46 pm, February 26, 2013
Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Important (but rather boring) traffic question- sorry!

Qaryat al beri hotels are far better than Le Meridien Hotel. Nearest to Le Meridien is Rotana Beach Hotel.

If interested to stay in city and want to reach FNC within few minutes travel, then Le Royal Meridien and Millennium Hotel are better.

Qaryat al beri hotels will take at least 25-30 minutes. Le Meridien will take 15 minutes.

Morning 6:30-7:30 am school rush will be there, but if you travel from Qaryat al beri, the rush will be on the opposite direction, therefore it won't affect you.

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Important (but rather boring) traffic question- sorry!

Thanks for the reply !

So just to make sure I've got this straight: in the morning traffic, it will take around 15 mins to reach FNC from Meridien, but 25-30 mins from Qaryat Al Bari ?

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Important (but rather boring) traffic question- sorry!

Now thinking about Millennium Hotel as the club offer seems pretty good and rooms larger than Le Meridian. Any advice on the hotel? Any other ones you would recommend?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Important (but rather boring) traffic question- sorry!

Millennium is better than Le Meridien. That's the Millennium on the Corniche/Khalifa Street not Grand Millennium Al Wahda which is an even better hotel.

Traffic is not too busy to get anywhere by 7:30 am. I usually get to work on the Corniche between 7 and 7:30 am and it takes 10-15 minutes from Al Reem Island which many people who live in the centre think of as being a long way out.

5. Re: Important (but rather boring) traffic question- sorry!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 28, 2014