We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions from first time visitor

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions from first time visitor

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me with the following questions as I haven't been able to get any concrete answers from searching old posts.

1) How much would it approximately cost to get a taxi from the airport to the Hilton Abu Dhabi?

2) What are considered good bargains over there? I would like to buy a diamond ring but not sure if it will be a lot cheaper than the UK?

3) My husband and I are travelling together. What is not acceptable for us to do in public? i.e We are not sure if we can hold hands or kiss and don't want to get into any trouble.

4) Is it acceptable to go out in the evenings with shorts on if we are wandering around the shops or would that be frowned upon?

Thanks in advance.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions from first time visitor

1) Taxi from the airport approximately 70 AED.

2) I did not see any bargains, unable to comment about diamond rings.

3) Holding hands is fine, even saw some local couples holding hands. I would not kiss in public.

4) I would not recommend wearing shorts in public. Did see a few culturally insensitive people wearing shorts in the malls but this is not recommended. Have a look at the top questions on the right hand side of the page “what to wear in Abu Dhabi”.

May be interested in my recent trip report:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46183800

Have a great stay!

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions from first time visitor

Thankyou for your reply and really enjoyed reading your report

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions from first time visitor

Your welcome, have a great stay!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions from first time visitor

1) Abu Dhabi Airport to Abu Dhabi Hilton Hotel would cost you around Dhs. 60-70.

2) Re Diamond Rings, please check below link, where I have given some links.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g294013-i3754-k6065…

3&4) Holding hands is common, wearing shorts is acceptable but still if you want to respect their dress code you can avoid it. But kissing in public places is not acceptable.

5. Re: Few questions from first time visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 02, 2014