We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy a Diamond Ring.

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
3 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Buy a Diamond Ring.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy a good value reliable Diamond engagement ring.

I have bought jewellery in Dubai but not in Abu Dhabi.

I am from London - thanks.

36 replies to this topic
Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

There are many good shops in Abu Dhabi for buying diamonds.

I personally like Damas, they are very much reliable.

www.damasjewellery.com/jewellerytype.aspx…

I've heard nice things about Reem Jewellery, you can check them too.

http://reemjewellery.me

Tiffany is very expensive, you can negotiate for discounts.

www.tiffany.com/Locations/Store.aspx…

Edited: 2:07 pm, January 21, 2013
london
Level Contributor
3 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

Thanks, very helpful.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

I would like to recommend Al Ain Jewellry next to the Al Fardan exchange off Hamdan Street.

Just a personal choice when it comes to gems, but they're the best IMHO.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

Hi im looking to get a ring in abu dhabi. Can anyone provide me with the details of the diamond they bought with the price they paid?

it will provide me with an indication of how much i should be paying and how much i should be bargaining for

Thanks

Edited: 7:30 pm, September 01, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
52 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

damas and tiffany are my favourites. also malabar gold and diamonds, liali, joyallukkas are also reliable.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

thanks for your reply. My mum was the actual person who bought the diamond for me. she was transitting in Abu dhabi.

She was strapped for time and hence wasnt able to bargain as much. I compared the diamond online and found out that i may have saved about $2k max.

Not much of a savings but im still happy with the purchase.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

I have recently proposed to my girlfriend over here (in AD) & figured I would post my engagement ring buying experience – if nothing more than to offer help to guys who may find themselves in a similar situation! It has to be said, aside from having a budget in mind I didn’t really know where to begin. A friend told me “Sarky” Jewelers in Marina Mall were offering discounts for ADIB Platinum card holders, so I thought as a minimum I would go and see what they had to offer. Long story short, I did in fact end up buying the ring there as I was so impressed by Joe and his wife’s trustworthiness, expertise and passion for their business. I went in on my own and Joe and his wife gave me so much of their time, they explained the likes of the certification process and showed me how their diamonds are laser engraved to match (which is apparently rare over here). I felt so comfortable buying the ring from Sarky, they truly are lovely people & talented designers. I can’t imagine buying a ring from a souk would even come close to the level of service they provided. As you can tell, I thoroughly recommend them! My suggestion is, don’t buy a diamond without paying them a visit first.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

I recently purchased a set of Halo Diamond Earrings for my wife for Christmas from Sarky's Jewelry, at the Marina Mall, in Abu Dhabi. I looked all over for these earrings, but none of the other stores had what I wanted, but tried to sale me something else, and Joe Sarky was the only vendor who offered to help. He did not have what I wanted, so I showed him a picture, and two weeks later he called and showed me the most beautiful set of earrings I have ever seen. Joe created this set of earrings using the picture I showed him, and the results were great! I gave them to my wife Christmas morning, and she loves them. So, anyone looking for nice jewelry, please go see Joe, at Sarky's Jewelry, you will not be disappointed!

Abu Dhabi, Abu...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

I am a pretty traditional guy when it comes to things such as an engagement ring so I bought my fiancee a traditional round cut diamond. When it came time to select our wedding bands we were considering the traditional gold band.

However we decided that we wanted something that was unique; we wanted something that would signify what we feel is the uniqueness of our love for each other. There are many jewelers who will do "custom" jewelry but most of the time it's simply a different take on an old idea, a rehashing of what has been done countless times before.

In our search, we happened across a jewelry shop, SARKY, in Abu Dhabi UAE at Marina Mall. My fiancee and I were IMMEDIATELY impressed by Joe and Riwa Sarky's welcome in their shop. We looked at the selection they had on hand, most of which was not specifically wedding bands as they design and craft their pieces themselves.

While we were both impressed by the selection of unique pieces in the store, we were more impressed by Joe and Riwa's obvious passion toward their craft. We felt that they were the perfect choice to design our wedding bands. We commissioned Joe and Riwa and we could not be more pleased with the result. Joe and RIwa designed and crafted the most beautiful and perfect wedding bands I couldn't have even imagined.

The Sarkys in Marina Mall Abu Dhabi will always be my first choice for any jewelry. They are a wonderful and friendly couple with an obvious passion.

Wedding day is March 3rd 2015, I will attach photos of our bands when we return from our honeymoon.

Thank you so very much Joe and Riwa for crafting the perfect symbols of our union!

England, United...
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buy a Diamond Ring.

Posts #7 , #8 and #9 all first time posters on this forum and all giving glowing reccommendatioms for the same store? What are the chances of that?

Reply to: Buy a Diamond Ring.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted