We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

Wollongong
Level Contributor
204 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

We are arriving into Abu Dhabi after midnight in May.We are staying at the Sheraton, Corniche Road.

Have read that taxis are readily available - would that still apply in the early hours of the morning? Also can anyone advise approx cost to the Sheraton. Assume there may be surcharges for that time? Hotel has quoted 140AED approx $35 AUD. Not sure whether it would be cheaper to take taxi or whether there may be difficulties for our arrival time.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
132 replies to this topic
ACT
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

From the Abu Dhabi airport

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel
Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel
146 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United...
Destination Expert
for Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

You can get a limo from Airport for 70 Dhs. and get a metered taxi from Khalifa Street for 60-65 Dhs. Why should waste money by paying double? are they going to provide any additional services?

Mentioned in this post
Khalifa Park
Khalifa Park
112 Reviews
ACT
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

Thanks for that info.

So just to clarify you would recommend getting a limo opposed to a meter taxi from the a/port as they have a fixed rate of 70 dhs?

Then a metered cab back would cost around 65 dhs in comparison? (is AED and DHS the same?)

No other services were offered so not convinced on the price.

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
1 post
86 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

Will be visiting Abu Dhabi early August can anybody adv cost of a taxi from airport to Millenium hotel and is it really hot @ this time.Thks

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

There are two kinds of cab service at the airport; one is more like limo service with cleaner and better car and more professional drivers, and the other kind is the silver-colored metered taxi. In your case (to Millennium hotel), the limo service will cost you AED70, and it's around AED55-60 for taking taxi. Personally I feel safer to use the limo service.

And yes, it's very hot now, sometimes extremely muggy at night.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
225 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

This has been and gone, if you look it was astyear !!!

Chandler’s Ford...
Level Contributor
218 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

Really helpful advice esp from ilovemiddleeast I know it was for last year but I am sure the advice is still the same even if the prices are slightly higher

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,752 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

Taxi fares increased from 1st May 2012 :-

emirates247.com/news/emirates/taxi-fares-to-…

However, there was no rise for 2013:-

emirates247.com/no-rise-in-abu-dhabi-taxi-fa…

Taxi’s are very cheap when compared to the UK.

Enjoy!!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

Hello,

Thank you for the information provided on this forum which is very helpful. I'll be travelling as a family of 4 or 5 next week and I have been quoted between AED 475 and 650 plus 6% for the hotel to arrange a car / Mercedes 6 seater from Abu Dhabi airport to the Beach Rotana, Tourist Club Area in the city.

I understand from your responses below that the fixed price taxi rate from the airport would be approx AED 70, is that for a family of 4 people or per person? What might the rate be for a vehicle that can accommodate 5?

I'm asking for clarification since there seems to be a major difference between the hotel taxi rate and the airport taxi fixed rate.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel
Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel
146 Reviews
Beach Rotana
Beach Rotana
4,307 Reviews
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,752 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport

Metered taxi only accommodate a maximum of four people, approximately AED 75 per taxi one way to central Abu Dhabi. Transfers organised by hotels are always more expensive.

Larger taxis are pretty rare, only alternative is to catch 2 taxis if there is more than four people.

Metered taxis are available from outside the airport at all times of the day. Airport limousine service is another option, not sure if a larger vehicle is possible.

I travelled by taxi throughout my trip, may be interested in my trip report and photographs:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46183800

Hope this helps, have a great stay!

Mentioned in this post
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Reply to: Cost of taxi from Abu Dhabi airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted