We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yas island beach?!?

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
155 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Yas island beach?!?

Hi,

I have been reading that the yas island beach is now open, but I can't seem to find much info on this such as hotels directly on beach( if any)

Anyone have any info?

Thanks

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yas island beach?!?

There are no hotels on the Beach but there should be shuttle buses from most hotels (please check with your hotel) The public beach is free to hotel guests and is situated on the south tip of the island, by the Marina etc.

according to the local newspaper it opened 15th November

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yas island beach?!?

I'll be there in late January and would definitely like to hit the beach. So far I've only found articles mentioning the project, but no photos or first hand accounts yet.

Anyone???

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yas island beach?!?

Hi we visited the beach on 16th Dec 2011 to be told it was not open yet but woud on Christmas day...my husband revisited on 20th Jan and still not open!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yas island beach?!?

Thanks for the info.

I'm assuming your husband revisited on Jan. 2nd or 12th, right?

(-:

I'll be in Yas Island in the end of the month and would love to have a nice beach nearby. Hopefully the place opens while I'm there (fingers crossed!).

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yas island beach?!?

We are stopping in ays island for a week are there any nice beaches that we could drive to?...maybe 30 miles away or so..have a car so no issues with transport

Cheers

Mark

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yas island beach?!?

Saadiyat Island (next to Yas Island) has beaches open at Monte Carlo Beach Club and St. Regis Hotel (the hotel is not yet fully open).

The pools at the Yas Island hotels look nice. The pools in the hotels at the Plaza are on the ground level and Yas Viceroy's Hotel is on the roof (probably the shadiest of the lot so not so good for sunbathing). ILME

Edited: 8:19 am, January 13, 2012
abu dhabi, united...
Level Contributor
185 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yas island beach?!?

We just visited Saadiyat island has ilovemiddleeast said and the St. Regis Hotel is really lovely. Although it's a soft opening, you might find a good rate and the service is really great. Sand is white and soft and the golf club and swimming pools are near the beach.

London
Level Contributor
155 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yas island beach?!?

Oh dear, I'm thinking of going Easter or even July!! I sure hope it's open then.

The Regis looks really nice, wanted to go park hyatt but not too sure.

abu dhabi, united...
Level Contributor
185 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yas island beach?!?

Better easter. July is way too hot and will be Ramadan so you cant drink outside.

London
Level Contributor
155 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yas island beach?!?

I've been July before I managed as long as I was by the pool in the day.

My only concern was Ramadan and wasn't sure of this years dates.

Edited: 3:14 pm, January 14, 2012