We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

Hi, After much research I have booked the 'Al Raha Beach Hotel' that is situated 45 minutes from Jumeirah area and 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi. The problem being, I have then gone to book flights with Ethiad Airways as they are better value and do not know much about this airline (sound a little dodgy!!!). The other option is to fly into Dubai on Emirates and grab a taxi to Al Raha Hotel. Has anyone experienced 'Ethiad Airways' or does anyone know how much a taxi will cost from Dubai Airport to Al Raha Beach Hotel?

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/etihad.htm

It will be AED 150 in a taxi.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

Hi Natalie

I am an Australian and have lived in Abu Dhabi for four years. Firstly, Al Raha beach is about 25 mins out of town from Abu Dhabi and is at least an hour (through the desert on a very large highway) from Jumeirah and at least an hour and a half from Dubai airport. The taxi will cost you around Dhs 250 from the Dubai airport minimum (about 40 pounds). Al Raha is about 25 mins from Abu Dhabi Airport and would probably cost around Dhs 50 in an Al Ghazal taxi (limousine) I would like to know why you have booked Al Raha as it is not close to anything though it is a very nice new hotel. If you want to see Dubai, stay on the Jumeira strip or if you want to see Abu Dhabi it is fine to stay at Al Raha but if you intend to do shopping you will have to come into town every day. There are a few other very nice hotels right in town. The Hilton Hotel, Rotana Beach Hotel both have beach clubs and are at either end of Abu Dhabi island istself.

Etihad Airlines is excellent and rivals Emirates airlines. I flew with them to London at xmas and could not complain at all. Since they fly out of Abu Dhabi they will be my airline of choice. We travel a lot living here and I would highly recommend them. Keep in mind again it is 160 kilometres between Abu Dhabi and Dubai so choose carefully depending on what your requirements are. If you are staying in Abu Dhabi definately choose Etihad Airlines.

I hope I have not waffled on too much and have been of some assistance to you

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

Excellent response from last poster - my friend works at Al Raha and even an hour could well be an underestimation of travel time to Jumeirah - particularly in the rush hour. Traffic here is diabolical at the moment. I hear Al Raha is quite stunning, so I am sure you won't be disappointed in the resort itself, but you may feel a little isolated. Etihad is the national UAE airline, I am sure you won't have any problems with it and I would agree that your transfer would be far better from AuH airport than Dubai.

Manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

Hi

Thank you all for your great advice. I have now booked Ethiad Airways direct to Abu Dhabi. I decided on the Al Raha as I visited Dubai last year and stayed in the Dar al Masyaf. I absolutley loved this hotel but it seems to have gone up in price. So, thought I would try Abu Dhabi! Intially looking at the Beach Rotana Hotel but read too many poor reviews on this site. Hopefully, I will have a nice rest and a little bit of pampering at the Al Raha. I shall do a review when I get back.

Thank you all again!

Manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

To SonofBB

Thank you for the link. I did actually read this before and that is what put me off booking this airline. However, I am going to be brave and rough it!!!! I have flown 'Air Scandic' once, nothing can be that bad!!

Natalie

The Land That Time...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

Try an internal Iran Air flight.

Oxford
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

i flow them in may 05 and they were very good! good crew and cheap flights! better than gulf air!

8. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:00 am, February 18, 2006
london
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

Hi Natalie,

I have flown with Etihad twice and they have been fairly good. On the way out the second time from heathrow there where delays and they provided a food voucher. Got upgraded to Business on the way back. Must say though it is very chaotic FROM Abu Dhabi twice i was given gate nos only for them to change.

But the service on board i couldn't fault.

Hope This Helps. Also taxis are very cheap . Dubai to abu dhabi is about 90 mins in the car which could prove a little expensive even though the taxis are cheap. It will cost about £10.00 to get to Abu Dhabi centre by taxi approx 50-60 dirhams

Hope This helps you

Kent - UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Abu Dhabi on Ethiad Airways or Dubai Airport on Emirates...

In the past month I have travelled with both Emirates and Etihad. I have to say that the service on both airlines is good however, if you are flying from Gatwick with Etihad be prepared for a basic flight with no personal seat back entertainment. You will get 2 films and some documentary/tv comedy. The planes are chartered from Iberoworld and seats have limited leg room with hard uncomfortable seats. You get what you pay for. I believe the Heathrow flights are better equiped.

The hotel is close to Abu Dhabi airport but well away from the city.