We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi cost of living & transport

Amsterdam, The...
12 posts
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi cost of living & transport

Hello to all.

I will be in Abu Dhabi for 1,5 month on a business trip.

I don't drive, so I will have to take a taxi to / from the client and back to my hotel.

The total distance will almost be 50-55 klm in total (25 to go, 25 to return). How much will a taxi cost for this distance?

Additional, what is the average cost of food and, in general, leaving in Abu Dhabi?

Amsterdam, The...
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Abu Dhabi cost of living & transport

Thank you all very much for your valuable answers.

I am looking forward to be in Abu Dhabi. :))

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Abu Dhabi cost of living & transport

To answer your question about food:

You can have a meal for $3 and up to $300. Theres always fast(junk) food at the malls and around the city. I guess a meal will cost you about $5 at McDonalds. Most proper restaurants (like Royal Orchid, India Palace, Moti Mahal, Lebanon Flower Restaurant) will cost you about $15 for a full proper meal (be it a soft drink/fresh fruit juice and rice with meat at the Indian or mixed grill at the lebanese place) then of course you can easily spend $40 at Prego's Italian Restaurant ( Rotana Beach hotel - highly recommended) for an appetizer ,a couple of glasses of red wine and a main course.

A shawarma costs more or less $1.5 which is nutritious, not too fatty and delicious and plentiful across the city.

Mentioned in this post
Moti Mahal
Moti Mahal
68 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Beach Rotana
Beach Rotana
4,239 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Amsterdam, The...
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Abu Dhabi cost of living & transport

Finally I will be staying in L'Arabia apartments, in a walking distance to the client. So I will avoid taking taxis, but I will be rather far from the centre. I will try and visit the main city at least once every week and I hope that I will find enough time to visit Dubai as well.

Thank you all for your replies / help and I am waiting for recommended places to visit!!!

:))

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Abu Dhabi cost of living & transport

For places to visit, look at the top right of this page and you will see 'Top Questions' and follow the link for first-time visitors. I hope you enjoy your visit.

15. Re: Abu Dhabi cost of living & transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 28, 2011