We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the Etihad Airlines Baggage limit for Economy class

Manama, Bahrain
1 post
Save Topic
What is the Etihad Airlines Baggage limit for Economy class

Dear Friends,

I m flying from Bahrain to Chennai dayafter tomorrow. They have mentioned in the tickets Check-in baggage is 23Kgs and the Hand baggage is 7Kgs. I have 28Kgs and 8Kgs in the Hand. Any one have this same issues. Kindly clarify me. Whether they will allow it?

Thanks,

Paddy

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,067 posts
2,000 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the Etihad Airlines Baggage limit for Economy class

When I flew with Etihad they were rather strict with check in luggage with many passengers and were willing to put on an extra charge for overweight baggage.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the Etihad Airlines Baggage limit for Economy class

Hand baggage is rarely checked but as mentioned above you will probably get charged for being overweight on the baggage you check in (unless the flight is not full).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the Etihad Airlines Baggage limit for Economy class

According to the Etihad website you are allowed bags with a total not exceeding 23kg per economy passenger. If your ticket was issued before June 15th 2010, only 20kg is permitted.

As mentioned in other posts you can expect to be charged.

Also according to the website you will be charged US$10 per kilo over the limit., so depending on when your ticket was issued you can expect to pay either US$50 or US$80. Either that or hope you have lenient check in agent.

4. Re: What is the Etihad Airlines Baggage limit for Economy class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 03, 2011