We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel Racing - Al Wathba

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
FTG
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Camel Racing - Al Wathba

Approximately how much would it cost for a taxi to Al Wathba from the port, and how long would it take? We are interested in going to see the Camel Racing - what time do the races start and finish? I understand that the weekly racing is not held at the actual racecourse, but nearby. Would most taxi drivers know where to take us?

thanks in advance for your help,

Roz

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel Racing - Al Wathba

This race track is near Dubai (at least an hour outside Abu Dhabi city) and starts early in the morning and I believe it finishes around 10:00 am. Sorry I haven't been so can't give any more information.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel Racing - Al Wathba

Dhs20 if you take a cab from port rashid.

Otherwise Dhs.3 normal or Dhs.6 if you call for one.

Dhs.1.6 per kilometer.

Best to take a map on how to get there otherwise you will be running around in circles. Quite a few of the drivers are either new or have never been there.

Would suggest you always have a map and a general idea on how to get where u want to go.

Ask for directions before you start your journey.

General places like hotels or tourist attractions should not be an issue.

FTG
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel Racing - Al Wathba

many thanks for your responses.

4. Re: Camel Racing - Al Wathba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 17, 2010