We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

Hi All, been looking at this hotel and thinking about staying there, has any one any information about the hotel please?

Also the area near the hotel, whats the shopping like, things to do etc

Many thanks

Lake District...
Level Contributor
239 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

Hi Neil,

My son & GF have just booked this hotel (after much research by me) over the Christmas period. We have been to AD a few times now but not stayed at the Intercontinental so can't say much about it other than it gets great reviews on here. There are various shopping malls but the nearest would be the Marina Mall which would be within walking distance (20 mins) if you go when it is not too hot otherwise taxis are cheap. You could always try the Desert Safari in the evening which is supposed to be good. What I did like especially was walking down the Corniche, which stretches for miles. Hemingway's pub in the Hilton is not very far away and very popular with ex-pats. Also try the search engine at the top of this page. Go for it, you will enjoy it!!

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

Visit LuLu Island as a day trip, Captain's Arms Le Meridian,Desert Safari,Mosque,Cruise along the Corneiche.Don't want to sound negative but it's not much more. To me, when you'v done 1 mall they are all the same.Consider doing Dubai for 2 -3days then maybe over to Oman 4 2-3dys as well.Are you travelln alone,partner or family & for how long? Inter Continental is nice and has a nte club the AM.PM.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

The Intercontinental Hotel is one of the top hotels in Abu Dhabi. It has good restaurants, swimming pool and beach. There's nothing of interest to visitors in the immediate area around the hotel - it's in a quiet location. You would need to get a taxi to the shops, but taxis are cheap and it's not far.

abu dhabi, united...
Level Contributor
185 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

Just redone. Mostly beach and water sports at the hotel itself. Marina mall not far by taxi. You can take a traditional boat cruise, safari, etc. with tour companies.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
220 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

I stayed there in February. It's predominantly a business hotel rather than a tourist one, but has a good pool and beach and a marina which is interesting. Rooms are recently modernised. It's possible to walk around the area to the Marina Mall, Emirates Palace and the Corniche if you like walking and the weather isn't too hot. Thoroughly recommend a visit to the Emirates Palace and also to Al Dhafra restaurant in the Fish Market area.

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
40 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

This hotel is plain, without any characters. We stayed there a couple of times and once were upgraded to a huge corner suite. The suite was just huge but the decor was old. We had a panoramic view of the city but the windows were not cleaned. So we couldn't even take a nice picture from the windows.

There is nothing in the surroundings of the hotel. Unless you have a car, you are kinda stuck there. Even if you have a car, everything is so far away.

I would stay at somewhere closer to the city, like the Hilton, Beach Rotana, or even the Kempinski Emirates Palace.

7. Re: Inter Continetal Abu Dhabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 pm, October 11, 2009
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now