We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Part ten trip report - shopping

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Part ten trip report - shopping

Had a lazy morning around the house kids were happy playing with the two dogs, PS2, etc. basically just hanging out together my cousins are 15 and 18 so not much older than my kids and they all get on great.

First shop stop was Marina Mall. Its very nice and has all your usual shops just like the Malls in Dubai. Hubby, Auntie, Youngest & myself went our own way while the 4 older kids split into boys and girls and did their own thing. Need you ask the girls enjoyed all the shops while the boys looking in the gadget shops and went on Massage chairs etc. - Typical! Kids all met up and had an icecream together we were a bit more sophisticated and went into a coffee shop and had the richest chocolate cake in the world - scrumptious!

Ski Abu Dhabi is still not finnished it doesn't seen to be anything near the size of Ski Dubai just the one main slope apparently they did have snow in it but there was problems with the roof and the floor so no snow again just a lot of building work. After a while we met up with the kids and went to Fun City the same idea as Magic Planet. Some of the big rides were not working but there was still plenty for everyone. Youngest had a feel time - that child has no fear! The rides work on a swipe card basis just like Magic Planet as the older ones were all on the bumper cars with the swipe card! youngest was desperate to get on something a young Malaysian girl who was in charge of the aeroplanes that go around and lift up and down took pitty on him and let him sit in one while we were waiting for the swipe card and one of the big kids to go on with him. There was seatbelts but she didn't strap him in just left him sitting in the aeroplane. We could not get to him as she had lifed him over the barrier, need you ask he was chuffed to bits and playing with everything he could touch. To our horror the girl then pushed the button and sent the aeroplane off!!!! Now bearing in mind he is only 14 months and didn't even have a seat belt on and he was goig around and around desperatly trying to lift his aeroplane off the ground thankfully he couldn't push the leaver hard enough. Auntie and myself were screaming "STOP STOP" but we couldn't get to him. The young girl was just smiling and saying "He love it He have fun" After about 30 seconds she realised we were flipping out to get her to stop the machine - it felt like an hour. Youngest was still just sitting smiling and laughing enjoying the ride the machine stopped and we managed to save my baby! The young girl was still oblivious as to why we were in such a state and so was the youngest who had now started crying and having a tantrum to get back on! Needless to say he didn't get back on that one.

After our heartattack we left the Marina Mall and headed to the Hamdam Centre. Lots of small shops bit like a souq we came here last time aswell. But must admit didn't get as much bargins this time. Daughter bought a handbag and that was it really don't think we got anything else other than maybe a couple of bits and pieces here and there. Best laugh was when we all went on the Massage chairs they cost 1DHS for 2 minutes and believe me they massage you in places you would never imagine! We were all in histerics and had quite an audience by the time we had all had a turn. The thing is the seats grip you legs around you calfs so you can't even get off if you don't like it. It was quite an eperience never to be repeated.

Picked up some chips and drinks from burger King next door to keep the kids happy then it was off to the material shops.

Went to the one my Auntie uses all the time and came out with organza to dress 4 windows and tiebacks. You wouldn;t believe the amount of aterial I have taken home with me and the whole lot only cost £35! There is even two colours for each window!

After a successful shop we went back to the house and Hubby cooked (He is a chef) Chicken stuffed with Garlic and cheese, lamb and various other stuff and we had an evening in just relaxing.

Part 11 soon - Lu Lu island

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,523 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Part ten trip report - shopping

One thing I enjoyed about the Marina Mall is the fabulous views of the Corniche you have from the entrance.

I hope its maintained through all the development that is happening around the area.

2. Re: Part ten trip report - shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 03, 2009