We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good and cheap indian restaurants

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nes
Croatia
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
good and cheap indian restaurants

I am looking for good and cheap indian restaurants in AD. Please names and addresses.Thx

London, England
Level Contributor
394 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good and cheap indian restaurants

I don't know what you call cheap, but Indego at the Beach Rotana hotel served excellent food. Prices in April were : Bombay Potatoes 23 AED, Samosas 33, Chicken Tikka 35, Tandoori Prawns 48, Lamb Chops 122, Chicken Biryani 60, Lamb Rogan Josh 60, S&S Prawns 82, Naan 10

Rick

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: good and cheap indian restaurants

try this address website

timeoutabudhabi.com/restaurants/…

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good and cheap indian restaurants

The Timeout Abu Dhabi link provided by SteveeG is great.

From that list I can recommend Moti Mahal, Chappan Bhog, Foodlands, Arab Adupi and the India Palace (the latter being a bit dearer than most of the rest on the Timeout list but nowhere near Indigo, which is probably the dearest Indian restaurant in Abu Dhabi).

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good and cheap indian restaurants

If you want a beer with your curry then you'll have to go to one of the ones in a hotel (listed on the time out link). If you don't want a beer and don't mind eating with expat Indians (as well as others) then I would go with the other ones listed. We've been to various in the city that don't even have names and from the outside look disgusting but believe me they are the best places to have a curry and dirt cheaps - 5dhs - less than £1...

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good and cheap indian restaurants

Royal crown,Foodlands and Kwality are good ambience indian restaurents, with an average non veg dish for 28 dhs.very crowded by arabs,westerners and of course,indians.Zar Zardosi at meridien is good too.

Abu Dhabi
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: good and cheap indian restaurants

Looking for still cheaper options:

Chappan Bhog (Salaam St)

Bon Food at Madinat Zayed Shopping Ctr Food Court

Nihal restaurant (Electra St)

Chettinad (Salaam St & Electra St)

Favourite Restaurant (Passport Rd)

Sandesh (Hamdan St)

Arab Udipi (Khalidiya, Hamdaan & Airport Rd)

Foodlands (Airport Rd nxt to Babyshop)

Caravan (Electra Rd)

Ruchi (Hamdan)

For their tel nos, just dial etisalat helpline at 181.

More info here: timeoutabudhabi.com/restaurants/…

7. Re: good and cheap indian restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 07, 2009