We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with a 20 yr daughter

south
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with a 20 yr daughter

Am going to abu dhabi for a week for business and my 19 yr old daughter is tagging along - is it ok for her to be going out on her own - shopping, museum, walking around - was thinking of staying at the Hilton so at least there's a beach she can go if nothing else to do - and she knows bikini not acceptable. Will this hotel be too out of the way - will be visting different areas of the city incl Al ain

thanks for any reply.

Mentioned in this post
Al Ain
Al Ain
Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with a 20 yr daughter

Around the pool and on the beach a bikini is most definitely acceptable and you will see lots of other people wearing them. Obviously around town then more conservative dress is required bearing in mind that the country is Muslim. Again though she will be fine to sightsee, shop etc by herself. The UAE is a very safe country.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Level Contributor
53 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with a 20 yr daughter

i was born in abudhabi and know it inside out, trust me you will have an enjoyable stay at the Hilton, your daughter will absolutely love the beach there and no worries as to wearing a bikini at the ebach as it is very acceptable. if you need anymore help you can contact me at waleedk@eim.ae and will be more than happy to assist. enjoy it!

south
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with a 20 yr daughter

thank you for your replies. Now I feel more comfortable taking her.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with a 20 yr daughter

bikini is allowed in all the hotels even the beaches,,, also in hilton will be near to marina mall and Emirates palace,, hope she have fun

www.abudhabiliving.net

Mentioned in this post
Emirates Palace
Emirates Palace
3,833 Reviews
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5. Re: Travelling with a 20 yr daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, September 26, 2009